XM's to go...

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
roddew
Can find the S1 radio

XM's to go...

Post by roddew » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:53 am

At long last and with a heavy heart I have to start disposing of my XM's.....I am moving house on Monday and the first two have to go. Much as I would like to hold on to everything, I have to face the reality that my advancing years are not conducive to achieving large projects.
Starting with a Series 1.5 SED 2.1 Auto Estate in Triton Green. Was parked up at the end of a trip to Portugal and back 9 years ago.....is running, will need lots of tlc, but an eminently savable rarity, I think GBP 300 is a fair price to a good home....one viewer coming on Saturday.
Also have a 2.5 VSX estate which came from Neil Pye having had a huge amount spent on it but had an engine stumble that drove me nuts...similar story...I trip to Portugal and parked up. Probably only a spares car, but mechanically excellent....rebuilt head, new radiator and intercooler etc. Will settle for weigh-in money (GBP 175?) as that's where it's destined if no-one wants it.....or come and cherry pick bits off it at reasonable prices.
Sorry to spring these on you guys, but needs must and time has not been on my side.
Watch this space as there will be others to follow that aren't quite so time critical, including an early French 2.1 Auto Ambiance and ..... wait for it.....a "Rip van Winkel/Sleeping Beauty 25 year stored 24v with a tappet rattle together with a 28k mile doner engine in a vandalised 605.
Thanks for your kind attention, gentlemen.....please form an orderly queue.... Rodders

Julianw
Has changed a sphere or two
Orga / RP numbers: 4937

Re: XM's to go...

Post by Julianw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Sad to hear but well done for putting them up on here. Will be watching with interest (as I could use a viable S1 saloon bodyshell perhaps with a dead engine to move good mechanicals onto...)

EathanR
Can find the S1 radio

Post by EathanR » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi,

Where are you located please? Would be interested in the estates, and any further estates that may be available.

roddew
Can find the S1 radio

Post by roddew » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Thanks for your interest, l'm near Coventry. ( New Arley..
CV78HH)
I do have two further Series 2 Estates 2.1 Auto with Bosch injection. Both running well but vandalised ( glass), one rotten but had much money spent mechanically, other was sound. These two are not time critical.
Hope that helps....if l can give more info, please ask.

Regards, Rodders.

roddew
Can find the S1 radio

Post by roddew » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Ref saloons.....apart from the French Ambiance and the 24v, l do have a couple of sound 1.5 saloons....one is not much more than a shell, the other is lacking a sunroof ( stolen!! don't ask☹️). Neither is rotten.....BUT......both are in Portugal,.........road trip anyone????

Julianw
Has changed a sphere or two
Orga / RP numbers: 4937

Post by Julianw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:23 pm

I like Portugal. I've flown to Portugal a few times. I like road trips. I've yet to drive to Portugal. I want to drive to Portugal.

I may have to wait until freedom of movement is fully restored. Pity.

roddew
Can find the S1 radio

Post by roddew » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:03 pm

I have been driving there and back often over the last 17 years ...quite a few times in XM 's ( really the sort of use they were made for, they eat up huge distances with ease)... more recently 3 or 4 trips a year..... not this year so far, but have to go in the next 2-3 weeks.
No restrictions on driving out at the moment....just carry a signed form to transit through France.