Valeo ignition lock and keys on ebay

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
Lwdajo
Has changed a sphere or two

Valeo ignition lock and keys on ebay

Post by Lwdajo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:58 am

Dear All,

In case it's of use to anyone, ebay item 313319468502.

If the information on how to mod early ignition wiring to use this on a Mk2 is available (John?), it would be useful to know, and thanks in advance.

Information from John's (xmexclusive) previous post suggests this one is for early Mk1.

"One of the main differences in replacement lock sets is the ignition switch to car wiring.
The ignition switch wiring change came half way through the Mk 1 production so early in 1992 I think (ORGA 6078/6079).
Original wiring has two plugs (Grey & Black) on long pairs of wires plus a plug (Black) on a short pair of wires.
The later wiring has three plugs (Grey, Black & Brown) all on long pairs of wires.
The plugs are polarised to physically stop anyone connecting the wrong plugs.

With the remainder of the lock set parts tailgate locks vary to suit car or estate.
Glove box lock difference is Mk 1 or Mk2 type (outer casing).
Door locks do not vary throughout XM production.
Under bonnet security lock may be in the set but only a limited number of models used them.
I have not worked out how to exchange release those anyway.

There are number of advantages in a new replacement lock set even if it is not an ideal match for your car.
There should be five factory cut keys including 2 plip.
The replacement sets usually contain a Valeo made ignition lock.
These have much larger and fewer electrical contacts compared to the troublesome early Mk 1 Simplex switches.
If the ignition switch wiring needs altering to suit your car I can provide details or modify it for you."

Lee
Citroen XM 2.1TD 1994 Mk2 - M21 CXM

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Re: Valeo ignition lock and keys on ebay

Post by xmexclusive » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:21 am

Note that these ignition switches are all now sold.