S1 PRV 24V V6 PARTS LAST CHANCE

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
citroenxm
Global Moderator

S1 PRV 24V V6 PARTS LAST CHANCE

Post by citroenxm » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:35 pm

last chance 24v.manual car. owners...

I've a. Shell of. a. 24v. car. left. its. minus e fine box and interior. all the. 24v.specific mechical parts. are still on it. exhaust.. front subframe. front strut pipes are unique because of the centre sphere relocation.. brakes etc.

I'm keeping the. alloys I may attempt to remove the. exhaust.. but not gonna put. to much effort into it. because of. my. condition which allows very little..

Clutch cable from pedal to box.
gearbox..
etc..

if no one wants. anything the. car. Will be. loaded up with what I can find and taken away.

I'm removing door mirrors.. window regulators.. locks.. door handles.. but bottom line it's needs to go.

Thanks
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

XMdownunder
Knows how to use the parking brake
Orga / RP numbers: XM 1998 3.0 V6 ES9J4 Exclusive hatch RP 8019 Gris Silex

Re: S1 PRV 24V V6 PARTS LAST CHANCE

Post by XMdownunder » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:10 am

First of all I was sorry to read how sick you were, please get well. I have a 98 XM2 V6 24v and was looking for some electrical plugs and other small parts. The 9 pin plug for the drivers window regulator motor and 2 plugs for the front lower courtesy light front doors. It appears the southern sun can deplastisize plastics that never see the light of day, also the plastic trim covers for the upper seat belt fixing points on the B pillars.
I am located in Tasmania so it would need to be a pack and post if you felt like doing it.
Thankyou kind regards Stephen
Stephen
XM2 1998 3.0 V6 Exclusive Hatch Mercury

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:26 am

hi Stephen. a 98 xm v6 is very different to a 1990 v6 24v indeed and nothing is the same. so I can't help you on this one.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:36 am

There were two types of plug used for both those items during the Mk 2 production run.
For door foot lights you need to give us the colour of plug (yellow or white?).
For 9 pin plug fixing type (early Citroen box shaped round wire spring, late PSA red plastic locking slide).

XMdownunder

Post by XMdownunder » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:13 am

Thanks citroenxm I will stay in the hunt.
By the way if the XM fairy is reading this I would like a white plug type for the door foot lights and the PSA red plastic locking slide for the window regulator. Thankyou.
Stephen

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:55 am

How long do you need the wires?
White plugs could be supplied without wires.
If you get no other offers I could look and see what I can find.

XMdownunder

Post by XMdownunder » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Good morning XMen I think a white plug without wires would fix my problem thanks. I jammed the plug in the drivers door while i was changing the regulator careless rookie mistake. My white plug is busted into 10 pieces now but I can see it opens like a book and the existing wires terminals are OK. I suppose they can be laid into and the new plug and snapped back together. The PSA red plastic locking slide would need wire tails about 150mm to graft it into position I dont think that part could be easily dismantled. There is currently a new genuine PSA red slider plug listed on ebay UK part number 6542.FW seller says to suit 607 and XM. I was not sure if it is the correct plug and it has all white wire tails. The tails might be coded but otherwise not sure how I would know the wire connections. It is listed for 30 pounds and thats probably OK for new genuine part but I was hoping to find a plug known to be XM.
Stephen

XMdownunder

Post by XMdownunder » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:30 am

Grrrrrrr I dont have the words to express myself about the front passenger window. I changed the regulator for one I had in spares that I thought was newish aftermarket see photo. It tested strong both ways on a battery before install but I didnt test on the door buttons another rookie mistake. Anyway once I got it in the door it would go down but not go up so I had to take it out again. Grrrr it was too far down to get at the locking yoke and release the glass from the regulator. So I had to use force and the slide pin at top back corner dropped into the door cavity. I got the square guide part but I cant find the little penis pin and I thinking it must be safe in the far back corner of the door. If i removed the white plastic box space filler thing I could probably retrieve it? I suppose its purpose is to save the passenger during a side impact and to take the skin off all the repairers knuckles when he replace the window regulator. The next step is to change door switches until works on the outside of the door.
Would anyone have any of those little penis pins they would be willing to share? I suppose if needed I could make some new ones from ABS but the square guide thing is more complicated and would be difficult to make from scratch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen

XMdownunder

Post by XMdownunder » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:01 am

I have arranged to get the drivers window regulator plug and footlight plug sent out by the XM chap in Bulgaria. I expect it is LHD drivers door but it should work in a RHD drivers door. Thanks for the offer xmexclusive.
Stephen