PRV V6 for auction

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
jamescarruthers
Has changed a sphere or two
Orga / RP numbers: 1990 2.1 TD SED manual hatch Rouge Delage RP4937

Re: PRV V6 for auction

Post by jamescarruthers » Fri May 21, 2021 1:59 pm

citroenxm wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:48 pm
I hope the c6 is cheaper for you. But from what I've seen for prices road tax to start with.. Then cost of repairs.. I'd still be sticking to xm... Although that's helped by a container full of spares.. Lol..

That's right I remember now.. Shame a super early car in a rare for xm colour too..
I am rather scared of the diesel C6 engine with its DPF and EGR and I didn’t think it was refined enough like the petrol after test driving one a few months ago. With my previous petrol C6, yes there was a few big bills but these were for big things that happen only a few times in the car’s life like suspension bits. Other than those it was incredibly reliable— only letting me down once when a coil pack failed and it ran on 5 cylinders for a day until I got a new one.

XM has a better, softer ride though!

I remember the XM very fondly and really hope Julian get it back on the road.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous XMs:
H656 BKJ XM 2.1 SED

Julianw
Has changed a sphere or two
Orga / RP numbers: 4937

Post by Julianw » Fri May 21, 2021 11:53 pm

BKJ is still here, but in need of sills and a rear subframe before it'll see the road again. I hope to make a start on those jobs this year, but other things keep getting in the way!

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sat May 22, 2021 5:39 am

jamescarruthers wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:57 am
Noticed the display is in German. Maybe a car ordered for someone in the UK military stationed in Germany and then brought home. I hear this was a good tax arrangement back in the day.
I doubt any military personnel stationed in Germany for ten years, that travelled to their holiday home in the South of France, would order a car in right hand drive with Uk instruments.
The registration documents state it was previously registered in another Uk location, so as well as Isle of Man and Jersey, Northern Island is a possibility.
I'm inclined to think it was Jersey judging by the lack of rust and sun bleached side lamps and rear parcel shelf.

I suspect the seller doesn't know how to change the language and someone has filled empty fuse holders.

I note the car appears to have had at least both rear wings painted, judging by masking over paint, and the rear door appears as if it may have had some repair.

The guide price was £3,000-£6,000 and the seller reduced the reserve when bidding was at £3,500...obviously unnecessarily.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White