Wanted - wing blanking plugs

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
Stickfinger
Citrobics expert

Re: Wanted - wing blanking plugs

Post by Stickfinger » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:06 pm

Don't try UK dealers (my local two) then..."we do not order/look-up parts for cars that old" will be the reply, followed by "try EBay"

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:40 pm

I really would be lodging a complaint to Citroen UK HQ, an appointed dealer were refusing to order parts listed as available.
I could understand a minimum order value being levied, but an outright refusal??

There is an argument for making use of your local dealer for some more-expensive parts now and again, which is why I make a point of getting stuff like spheres, coolant, LHM, gear oil, there, rather than solely the tuppenny-halfpenny bits. I also now get some grizzly bits of workshop stuff done there now (I am 73!), where I really don't want to do the work myself. Recent jobs on the 2.5 have included triple-belt replacement, and injector pump removal/refurb/refit. They know I will spend real money there when needs must, and so are happy with the small stuff too. They are the major Cit dealer for the area.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

Stickfinger
Citrobics expert

Post by Stickfinger » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:09 pm

I have corresponded with Citroen HQ before, their reply (about the incomplete and lamentable service I got from their Abington branch on my C5x7) showed me that they really do not give a stuff about their heritage or any customer who has not purchased a new car from them. I would not waste my time with them or their now massively pruned dealer network.

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:23 pm

It's easy to get into a complicated and multi-pronged debate with a company or their HQ.
The simple question remains, though:
"If I want to order a part that is listed as available, how should I do this?"
Simple question, needing a simple answer.

If the answer is not palatable, you take the matter higher, but without complicating it.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

Stickfinger
Citrobics expert

Post by Stickfinger » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:39 pm

I did not get into a long or complicated debate....

I listed the problems & asked them what they would do ...they wrote back saying it was up to the dealer and as my car was out of the official warranty period they would not get involved (extended warranty cover), in other words, ##ss off we do not care.

Both local dealers (30 miles-ish) will not even look up part numbers/discuss my needs (private sales) and one will not "special order" older cars parts (everything comes from France now) even if given a parts number. The most local one's Parts Department "phone answering technician" did not even know what a Xantia or XM were.. "a what ?"

The most knowledgable (old & new cars) helpful and interested Parts Guy I have ever met was 15mins from me until the Indi Dealers got priced out and have all shut/2nd hand car sales....he now drives a bus around Glastonbury.

In my local area Citroen Dealers reflect the Citroen company's attitude to their legacy cars (that they do not wish to exploit for advertising).....eg ####

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:42 am

I have recovered a small collection of grommets. And still finding them as I clear out. I'll need to gather them and see what I have. There's all, sorts from ovals to large circular to tiny circular
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive