FOR SALE: XM 2.0 TCT Auto - W (2000)

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
SilverXM
Can find the S1 radio

FOR SALE: XM 2.0 TCT Auto - W (2000)

Post by SilverXM » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:49 pm

2.0 TCT – petrol turbo (automatic)

ImageDSC_0479 by X M, on Flickr

Silver - W887TBH

£750

No MoT – has a leak from the front height corrector – needs new rubber diaphragm. I like the car and had planned to sort this and the faults listed below myself, but unfortunately lack of time owing to a house move, and the need to get a ULEZ compliant car, mean that it needs a new home.

Car starts, runs and drives, but I expect you will need a trailer to take it any distance owing to the hydraulic leak.
We’ve had this 4 years/10000 miles, in which time it has been with us on lots of long runs including to Provence, Germany and the Western Isles.
• VSX spec – lovely deep velour seats, boot mounted CD changer, electric seats and so on.
• Four good tyres – Avon ZV7, and a good spare. Toolkit present.
• In our ownership it’s had new spheres all round, a new ABS sensor, cambelt, front brake pads, and exhaust centre section and back box.
• Comes with service record, handbook, 2 keys and paperwork from our period of ownership.
• Will come with an assortment of spares.

Issues – it has a range of the typical XM foibles…
• Various knocks and scratches to the bodywork. I live in inner London and my neighbours are careless.
• Speedometer sometimes stops working – generally resolved by tapping the dashboard so I suspect a loose connection.
• Heating gets stuck on full – again I suspect a loose connection behind the dash, as potholes/speed bumps sometimes sort it. I’ve taken out the fuse for the time being. When the air con does work it blows pretty cold.
• Driver’s side window switch broken (regulator fine).
• Passenger side window regulator cable has snapped – I’ve removed door card and secured the window temporarily- will supply suitable replacement cable with the car.
• Rear right door stay stiff.
• Left hand dot matrix display illegible (annoying as I repaired it once!).
• Dipstick top fell off (I use a cork).
• Central locking opens, but doesn’t lock – has to be locked manually.

Collection only from London NW5.

ImageDSC_0485 by X M, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0495 by X M, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0524 by X M, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0507 by X M, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0493 by X M, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0513 by X M, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0536 by X M, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0541 by X M, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0544 by X M, on Flickr