'95 2.1D free for restoration

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
renault760
Knows how to use the parking brake

'95 2.1D free for restoration

Post by renault760 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:17 pm

Just seeing if there is any interest from anyone wanting a free '95 2.1D for restoration. I had always planned on having it done myself but due to potentially changing circumstances, my S1 might have to jump the que, followed by my CX.

It hasn't been on the road for years so is going to need plenty of work, including
xma.PNG
some welding. In addition to that, the heater matrix has gone, some re-piping will be required, new tyres, and who knows what else. The engine was always good though and I'd back it to start with a decent battery on it.

I'd rather it not be broken for spares though.

Any interested parties please give me a message. The car is in Yorkshire.

Cheers,

LG.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stickfinger
Citrobics expert

Re: '95 2.1D free for restoration

Post by Stickfinger » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:00 pm

Ummmm.....I might be.

What is the drivers side like, any damage ?

renault760

Post by renault760 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Hiya and thanks for your interest.

The drivers side is basically fine apart from some scuffs courtesy of my stupid neighbour and his wheel barrow.

That pic is a few years old now. Shortly after it was taken the car was moved to a secure indoor storage unit where it has been ever since. I've probably paid more in storage than the car is worth, but if it makes it back onto the road I won't feel that it was money wasted.

What is missing, which you can't quite see from that pic, is the front bumper. I have it.

Stickfinger
Citrobics expert

Post by Stickfinger » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:02 am

Thanks for the info.......

As I cannot say I would save the car I will give it time for others to "claim" it if they are to get it going again.

My needs are likely to be for parts to fix my car which has taken some body skin damage down the drivers side so I would use it for parts.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:22 pm

If you were a lot closer I'd say get it up here and I'll sort it out..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

renault760

Post by renault760 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:49 pm

Hi all. Just bumping my old post, as I still have the car and now really do need to move it as I am facing a 25% hike in storage charges, up to £100/month.

I would still like to see it restored rather than be cannibalised for parts. I'm even prepared to deliver it anywhere within about 100 miles of Halifax.

I would then be able to devote more time/effort into having my S1 done, when I can find someone prepared to take it on?

Cheers all,

LG.

renault760

Post by renault760 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:24 pm

OK. I now have a deadline for moving this car. It has to be moved by the end of this month.

I will be speculatively putting it on Ebay tomorrow night, just in case someone not on here is interested. If I don't get any takers then I will, sadly, be forced to go down with a truck, collect it and then simply drop it off at a breakers yard, which would be tragic, considering that I rescued it from a scrap yard 20yrs ago!

Ah well, we'll see.

LG.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:47 pm

Timing is wrong.. if this v6 wasn't here id gladly homed it to do up and finish.. may be worth the facebpok pages too if your a member or use it at all..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive