Anyone for a 1989 series 1 saloon 'garage find'?

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
renault760
Knows how to use the parking brake

Anyone for a 1989 series 1 saloon 'garage find'?

Post by renault760 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:23 pm

I've been hanging on to my series 1 2.0Si manual in the hope of eventually have it recommissioned/restored and back on the road. Over the past few years I have had my 1949 Renault 760 fully restored and my 1985 CX Pallas 2.5 auto recommissioned and useable again.

I now have the means to have the XM done, but finding anyone to do it is becoming increasingly difficult. Even the guy that did the CX didn't seem very keen to take on the XM

Unfortunately, things have come to a head. As is often the case, I am losing it's storage. The garages where I have kept it are being demolished, meaning that it has to be moved, which, as we all know, is always more difficult with a hydraulic Citroen than with most other cars. Especially in this case, as I know that it has a blown hydraulic pipe.

Because of that pipe it hasn't been started for years, but I removed the plugs and the engine was at least free to spin over. Over the next day or two, once I have pored some fresh super UL in, I will see if I can get it to start.

I'm hoping to find somewhere to take it on, but I'm just posting on here to see if, failing that, someone on here would like it as a project. Considering the increasing scarcity of series 1s I'd hate to see it scrapped or broken.

Anyway, we'll see.

Cheers,

LG.