1995 2.0i Turbo MANUAL EXCLUSIVE For Sale (On E-Bay)

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
Dean
Global Moderator

Re: 1995 2.0i Turbo MANUAL EXCLUSIVE For Sale (On E-Bay)

Post by Dean » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:37 pm

ah, he's on the bxclub forum too isnt he? decided to come accross to the3 dark side at last eh :lol:

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

XMX
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by XMX » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:32 pm

robert_e_smart wrote:A chap Phil Chidlow from the CCC won it.
Dean wrote:ah, he's on the bxclub forum too isnt he? decided to come accross to the3 dark side at last eh :lol:

D
Hi Robert/Dean,
I know Philip quite well, I only spoke to him on either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week and he never mentioned anything to me about XM's (fully knowing I own 2.5 TD's) !
I'll have to give him a call or E-Mail him to join up on here then (That's if he wants to, I'm sure he will as he's a very pleasant man) he's also posts a lot on the BXC, also he the one that organized the BXagon challenge around France back in Autumn of 2009 !

XMX :D
An XM if for life, (Not just for Christmas) !

Citroenesque
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by Citroenesque » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Hello all

My name's Phil Chidlow and I am indeed a regular contributor to the BX Club and had the fortune to organise and participate in the BXagon Challenge. If all goes according to plan, I will be picking up the XM next weekend. It was a bit of an impulse - but to be honest, I knew I'd get one someday! I was sure this car would've been discussed on here and possibly on the FCF, but didn't have the time to research 'in depth'. I hope (as it feels) I have made a good decision. Certainly, on the face of it, this seems to represent a lot of car for the money... with most of it apparently working.

I look forward to experiencing the inevitable learning curve and delving into this forum. My BX GTi auto will remain with the family for the foreseeable and I see the two as being nicely complementary.

I'll be back soon! (And thanks to everyone in advance for the advice I'm bound to ask for!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0365601482
1995 Citroen ZX 1.9D Avantage 3 door, white 106k miles.

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Welcome Phil, and good luck with the new toy............now an auto BX GTi sounds interesting, 8v?

D

Addicted to Crackanory

XMX
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by XMX » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi Phil, and welcome !
XMX wrote: I'll have to give him a call or E-Mail him to join up on here then (That's if he wants to, I'm sure he will as he's a very pleasant man) he's also posts a lot on the BXC, also he the one that organized the BXagon challenge around France back in Autumn of 2009 !
XMX :D
After the above post I called Phil straight away and he did wonder how long it would before I contacted him, but as all can see he'd already joined up at 4:59 pm this afternoon so he didn't need any persuading :lol:
An XM if for life, (Not just for Christmas) !

Citroenesque

Post by Citroenesque » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Dean wrote:Welcome Phil, and good luck with the new toy............now an auto BX GTi sounds interesting, 8v?

D
Thanks. Yes I've had 13 BX's - mostly 8v GTi's (but I have had a couple of 16vs too). A good 8v is a smashing car... I love it in auto form: a really nice combination, and the ZF box is superb, with excellent response. I've had three and now I tend to drive them almost as you might a manual when it comes to fast cornering for instance: knowing the precise kickdown point to get smooth in and fast out. Hardly a sports car but not boring at all.

I won't be driving the XM like that though - it's definitely a cruiser. I chose it given I have a few long journeys coming up, in particular a week in June when I'll be driving to the South of France and back. XMagon Challenge anyone? lol

Phil

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:43 pm

XMagon Challenge anyone? lol
Well we have a man onboard now who is experienced in organising that sort of thing ;) :lol:

D

Addicted to Crackanory

ex-em
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by ex-em » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:08 am

hi phil

that was a really good write up in the citroenian on the bxagon, sounded like a brilliant trip :)

normantilbury

Post by normantilbury » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Phil,
Welcome to the Forum, sounds like a nice car shame about it not having cruise it really is a boon on long motorway journeys you will enjoy it confortable and quiet,
Norman
98 Xm Vsx 2.1 Td Silver Estate RP 7548
Located in Lindley, Huddersfield HD3 3LX

Citroenesque

Post by Citroenesque » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:35 am

:) I am lead to believe that cruise was/is a desirable option, but in thirty years of driving all sorts from GS to Yaris, MR2 to Merc S-Class - with plenty of BX's in the mix I've never had a car with it. So I'll still have to make do. (Besides, the price might've gone beyond my means with it fitted)... I must say I can't wait to get behind the wheel!

One of the first questions I had from my daughters was 'can we have DVD screens on the headrests?!' Anyone done this I wonder... I will visit the various sections of this site. The BXC and FCF being down means I can spend some time exploring the 'archives' here :D