Seems a fair price?

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Re: Seems a fair price?

Post by robert_e_smart » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:59 pm

I perfer the earlier VSX pattern to this later type. But the ultimate XM velour, has to be the series 1 Romana Velour.

The seat runners - are the mountings not symetrical? I automatically assumed that they would be. The more I think about this, the more I am doubting it, It has been that long since I changed the runners from a series 1 interior to the series 2. Perhaps someone can shed some light on this?

Robert
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by minijet » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:45 pm

robert_e_smart wrote:
The seat runners - are the mountings not symetrical? I automatically assumed that they would be.

Robert
So did I Robert, but I'm sure that someone on here (xmexclusive/John or citroenxm/Paul maybe) said that the seat bases are diferent and couldn't be swapped.
It would explain why people don't do it - there would be a big demand for alcantara passenger seats otherwise.

I assume that's why you wanted the seat from davetherave.........?

I hope I'm wrong about this as the bolster has worn on my drivers seat and swapping it with a good passenger seat would be the simplest solution.

Paul

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:30 am

Yep, thats exactly why I wanted the seat from Davetherave. But I'll work that one another way, by transfering the foam and materian onto my drivers seat frame.

I'll have a look at the VSX interior I have in the barn at home and see if the seat frames are interchangeable between the bases.

If they're not interchangeable, it would be worth going to a scrappy the next time you're in France and buying as many passenger alcantata/leather seats from LHD cars as you can, as they'll just slot in as drivers seats for our RHD cars.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic