Nice XM for sale - Fridge Edition!

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
chillmax
Knows how to use the parking brake

Nice XM for sale - Fridge Edition!

Post by chillmax » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Looks really nice, & VERY cheap!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C137048/#

I think WHM had this a while back I recognise the spec/ colour/ plate. won't have heated seats as it's not a V6 , but if you need a quick replacement, could do the job.

Does anyone else have a strange liking of white cars (musn't have black bumpers), I've never owned one, but I secretly really like them, and on the XM lit ooks very cool.

Cheers - Justin

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: Nice XM for sale - Fridge Edition!

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:05 pm

My first V6 12v PRV was a WHITE one, on a 1991 H plate! I thought it was "Ok" too!

Ex-Em, one for you me thinks!! DEFFENATLY!

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by minijet » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi Justin,

I don't think it's been through WHM, the seller has mentioned the cars history back to 2001 when it came from Paul Johnson.

It first came to my attention over a year ago when 'mouseflakes' posted a local (Bristol) advert for it (on the old forum), I think the seller was asking for about £400, but it didn't sell.
Eventually he got so desperate to get rid of it that he said he'd take £150 for it or it would go to the scrap man.
I was going to buy it, but at the last minute he said he'd sold it for £500.

Here's a few of the original pics (I kept them because I really like the XM in white).........

Note the O/S rear wing to tailgate allignment and the strut top.......

It then turned up on Ebay last July, and was posted on the forum.........

http://www.club-xm.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=365

It looks like he's had the tailgate sorted, but he describes the usual worn drivers seat bolster.

Oh, and he's doubled the price......

Still one of my favourite XM's though........I'll keep an eye on it in case the price drops to £150 ;)

Paul

chillmax

Post by chillmax » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Blimey, crazy pricing history, maybe it's not running well, and no one can fix it - who knows! She's got in with the wrong crowd by the looks of things, let's hope she sets her sights a little higher this time ;-)

minijet

Post by minijet » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:17 pm

citroenxm wrote:My first V6 12v PRV was a WHITE one, on a 1991 H plate! I thought it was "Ok" too!

Paul
The ultimate XM......V6 in white :D

I'd prefer a S2 though.....

Paul

XMV6sadist
Can find the S1 radio

Post by XMV6sadist » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:01 am

whoa....scary strut tops....we know how much it costs to replace them....sort of devalues the asking price somewhat.

minijet

Post by minijet » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 am

XMV6sadist wrote:whoa....scary strut tops....we know how much it costs to replace them....sort of devalues the asking price somewhat.
Don't forget, that's an old picture, he may have changed it since then. But it's certainly something to check if anyone's interested in the car.

The pictures in the Classic car ad are the same ones he used on ebay last summer, so they're several months old as well.

Paul

Last edited by minijet on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 am

White XMs look cool. I prefer them to have black bumpers, as the colour coded cars are toooo white.

Interesting history the car has had, It looks like it has been tidied up a bit, hopefully the strut top has been changed.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

ex-em

Post by ex-em » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:00 pm

minijet wrote:.
XMV6sadist wrote:whoa....scary strut tops....we know how much it costs to replace them....sort of devalues the asking price somewhat.
Don't forget, that's an old picture, he may have changed it since then. But it's certainly something to check if anyone's interested in the car.

Paul

hi
ive looked at this car in the classic car advert and if you look closely at the photo of the rear of the car you can see that the white strip in the light cluster on the drivers side does not line up correctly same as the photo above, doesnt look like the work has been done

minijet

Post by minijet » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:23 pm

ex-em wrote: hi
ive looked at this car in the classic car advert and if you look closely at the photo of the rear of the car you can see that the white strip in the light cluster on the drivers side does not line up correctly same as the photo above, doesnt look like the work has been done
Yes, I see it now.
And the seller does point us in the right direction.........Quote "There is of course the odd ding or scratch around the car, including a couple of small dents on the very back edge of driver's side rear wing. But, all only minor defects."

I can only assume that he's done £600 worth of polishing..... :?

Paul