Wheelarch plug

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
Citroenesque
Has changed a sphere or two

Wheelarch plug

Post by Citroenesque » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 pm

I've realised my XM S2's missing a rubber plug from the front inside wheel arch. I don't really want to encourage the corrosion that's appearing on the bumper support and will treat it and waxoyl the whole area behind the arch liner: so it makes sense to blank it off, Anyone got a spare?

As an aside, when I did get the liner off I cleared out easily a pint of crud from behind the rear of the liner, so might recommend that if you need to take these off at any point be prepared to clean and oil the area!
1995 Citroen ZX 1.9D Avantage 3 door, white 106k miles.

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Re: Wheelarch plug

Post by robert_e_smart » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:06 pm

XMX will know the answer, he gave me some at the CX/XM rally. I think he said that he got them from the boot plugs in a saxo, under the boot carpet. He'll be along soon and confirm.

Regards

Robert
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi Phil

Check why they might be missing just in case it is wishbone problems as new ones then would have a short life.
If the wishbones are shot they can allow enough slack for the corner of a newish tyre to catch them as the wheel turns.
In this case they can either get holes worn through them or get caught by the tyre, pulled out and deposited on the road.
These rubbers are used as one of the standard size blanks to fill chassis holes and turn up in odd places on many Citroen models.
I think that I collected my spares from the rear end of XM estates. As new one each side in the chassis once the rear bumper is removed.

John

Citroenesque
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by Citroenesque » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi, there's no evidence of wear on the lining, but thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping to be pawing over a couple of XMs at Edwards breakers tomorrow, so I'll see what I can turn up. Phil
1995 Citroen ZX 1.9D Avantage 3 door, white 106k miles.

XMX
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by XMX » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Robert
robert_e_smart wrote:XMX will know the answer, he gave me some at the CX/XM rally. I think he said that he got them from the boot plugs in a saxo, under the boot carpet. He'll be along soon and confirm.

Regards

Robert
I've already rang Phil before switching on the PC tonight (As I read the wanted post earlier).

So that's correct just go to your local breaker's and lift the boot-mat up on a Pug/106 or Cit/Paxo (Saxo) there will be (Hopefully) two new shiny ones there which bung up the access holes for two of the four sub-frame mounting points !
Happy hunting !

:D

XMX
An XM if for life, (Not just for Christmas) !