1995 V6 exclusive automatic XM for sale

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
SteveLP
Knows how to use the parking brake

1995 V6 exclusive automatic XM for sale

Post by SteveLP » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 am

Copied from xm-l group....

2. 1995 V6 exclusive automatic XM for sale
Posted by: "andyaidsmithburton" andyaidsmithburton@yahoo.co.uk andyaidsmithburton
Date: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:26 am ((PST))

Hi folks,
I am offering my 1995 black V6 auto exclusive XM for sale.
Currently it has no tax or MOT, it's covered around 130000 miles.
I bought the car from an airline pilot 2 years ago and soon realised it had an overheating problem as it was pushing coolant past the expansion bottle cap.
I got it home and attempted to find the fault, there was no circulation in the cooling system but the top radiator hose and top of the radiator would get hot, then the expansion bottle would blow coolant past it,s cap once enough pressure had built up in the system, I removed the thermostat to test it was operating correctly and it was so i did a commpression test and all 6 cylinders gave healthy compression figures with no more than 10 psi difference beetween any 2 of the 6 cylinders.
Due to the healthy cylinder compression and the lack of coolant circulation i came to the conclusion that the water pump has probably failed due to becoming siezed or the that the fins have corroded away?
I do not have the mechanical skill, equipment, space or money to go any further with the investigation of the overheating fault.
Therefore the time has come for me to reluctantly accept that i must part with this wonderful car and reclaim my rented garage as it's cost me quite a bit to store the car to date!
As far as i am aware everythng else works as it should with the car, even the dot matrix displays!
If you are interested please feel free to make me an offer for the car.
I also have a front passenger side wing in black for sale should anybody need one.
Viewing the car is no problem and I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the car on 01695726425 or 07932782129.
Last edited by SteveLP on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
3.0 V6 24V W reg: my new toy!!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: 995 V6 exclusive automatic XM for sale

Post by citroenxm » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 am

Shame, S2 car again :-(

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive