FOR SALE - BX TXD 1.7 TurboD Saloon £400

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
andmcit
XM Guru

FOR SALE - BX TXD 1.7 TurboD Saloon £400

Post by andmcit » Fri May 15, 2009 4:18 pm

My pal has a silver late K plated BX 1.7 TXD that needs to go as part of his fleet reduction.

MILEAGE IS IN THE REGION OF 130K MILES
FULL MOT - I believe it's imminent and will pass if not done so already! Watch for updates...

It's not my particular bag although it is a nice car and I believe worth every penny of his 400 asking price if
not due to the fact it does 50+ mpg and is mechanically great, comes with many nice bells & whistles and long
MOT!!

The car is 100% reliable and in fact has been withdrawn from sale several times as it always seems to steal
favour over other Citroens which manage to throw a strop and need some remedial spannering; this one just
sits there always bailing out the others to spare their embarassment!! Since the following pictures were taken
last year, it's pram handle spoiler has been unbolted and GTi alloys fitted instead of the steels and Citroen
issue wheeltrims - the steels are about with good tyres and if they can be found the wheeltrims. A used black
rubber (genuine Citroen) lip spoiler is included among a few other bits'n pieces off another BX.

OK, so it may not quite the proverbial brick outhouse an XM, Xantia or CX is but is very likely to be one of the
few remaining cars that you can buy that actually have that extra something about them that stands them
above the rest and rewards you with what some call 'character'!! :D

Pm me for more info and piccies - more info to follow!
Last edited by andmcit on Fri May 15, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: FOR SALE - BX TGD 1.7 TurboD Saloon £400

Post by andmcit » Fri May 15, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm at my sister's place and the damned PC lapdog I'm using is being a real sod to use
so this listing may need a few tries to get nailed down!! :roll:

Possibly need to resize piccies from Photobucket too as right edge being cropped off... Damn!!

Andrew

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: FOR SALE - BX TGD 1.7 TurboD Saloon £400

Post by andmcit » Fri May 15, 2009 5:14 pm

The bodyshell is very sound and straight and miles better than many BX's I've seen. sure,
there are a few minor rust blemishes but nothing significant and/or unsightly. Where I've
seen these rust bady on the sills, boot and rear 1/4 door jambs this looks like it's a few
weeks old, not years! You cn see the bubbling paint on the spoiler in the last pair of pics
which ws on reson it was removed.

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: FOR SALE - BX TXD 1.7 TurboD Saloon £400

Post by andmcit » Fri May 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Right, to complete the description! The car is located near Cardiff, South Wales.

The spheres seem fine and the car rides very well and it likely piddles all over any new car
for comfort on the roads these days. Most of the exhaust is recent and as previously
mentioned extra tyres are included.

The car has a decent set of rear parcel shelf speakers and the Alpine head unit works well
but needs wiring back in as it was borrowed for another car!!

As far as I understand the towbar has rarely been used and towed a small garden rubbish
trailer to the tip rather than a caravan.

The clutch feels light but could require renewal in midterm future as it seems a bit high but
is smooth with no slip and my pal see's no reason why it cannot expect to give 1000's more miles.

The additional spares include mirrors, lights, window mechanisms/glass, hydraulic pump,
A PAIR OF BRAND NEW DRIVESHAFTS as well as a CV boot kit and joint.
Last edited by andmcit on Sat May 16, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Newbold
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by Ken Newbold » Fri May 15, 2009 10:20 pm

A guy Iknow is looking to buy one of these, at that price I'm sure he would take it but the distance might put him off. I'll ask. :)

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Fri May 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Excellent car those, very underated, we have had three. The performance is good even by modern standards
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat May 16, 2009 3:50 pm

MORE PICCIES!!

I've just download some recent pics off my pal's cameraphone that are about a week or so old
to help show the wheels and the effect of the removed spoiler - this is currently in the back
footwell and can go back on:

A spare parcel shelf without holes cut through it, alternator, hydraulic pump etc are
included among the spares.

call/text Peter, the owner on 07738705007 for more details and a natter.

He also has his daughter's stricken head gasket Toyota Celica GTi for
a bit more money (serious offers) if you fancied something a bit different
although that doesn't have (ANY!!) noticeable suspension actually fitted! ;)

just had a new clutch/alloys/tyres and MOT recently too!! :roll: :x

Andrew