2.1 td VSX Rad hoses

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
citroenxm
Global Moderator

2.1 td VSX Rad hoses

Post by citroenxm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:06 am

Hi all

Anyone help me.. firstly, not to be confused with my latest aquirement..

Ive also got a 1996 N reg 2.1 td auto estate in for do up and sell - however being 1996 it has the horrid Bayonet Rad hoses on it which I hate, the top hose, has, however started leaking past the seal.. I have another rad with "Normal" hose clip connections, but no hoses for it..
So basically, Im after a top and bottom hose for a 2.1 td with normal connections? Anyone got them they are willing to part with, or if worse comes to worse, a spare bayonet NEW TOP hose to stop the leak??

Many thanks

paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

kenhall
Citroen go-to-guy

Re: 2.1 td VSX Rad hoses

Post by kenhall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 am

Hi Paul

Assuming you can get the horrible bayonet fitting apart and intact( I seem to remember having to slowly prise mine apart with screwdrivers when I replaced my leaking radiator) is it not just a matter of fitting a new O ring seal?

Ken

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi Paul

I've had a look on my spare engine but someone has cut them in half when they removed it, the crashed one I want to keep as its complete.

Couldn't you cut the ends off and fit a plain section of hose on the end, or is it a different shape?

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:53 pm

kenhall wrote:Hi Paul

Assuming you can get the horrible bayonet fitting apart and intact( I seem to remember having to slowly prise mine apart with screwdrivers when I replaced my leaking radiator) is it not just a matter of fitting a new O ring seal?

Ken
Hi Ken

The top one has come from there nice and freely! Im not sure if its a case of refitting an O Ring, I probably is.. all I saw at weekend was a leak, but didn't look into it further..

Peter,

I did wonder if there be enough slack in the hoses to cut the ends off.. But Im not sure about the lower one as it goes into a metal centre section..

Cheers

Paul

Others

Kit
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by Kit » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Paul, I recently had the rad hoses of my 95 td and I am glad someone else feels about them the way I do. Having said that they have lasted for 14 years. My bottom fitting was badly rusted, but after a scrape and a wire brushing, and a scrape and another wire brushing, I made up a new O-ring and, having put plenty of lubricant on to help the seal could conform to the less than perfect seat, pushed it back together, and prayed. My prayers seem to have been answered, on this occasion at least, car in for MOT today. I decided not to use any sealant on the grounds that it would make it impossible to take the bloody thing apart in future. I realise this is not the help you really want, I just thought I should show a bit of solidarity with another owner of stupid hose connectors. Kit
'95 2.1td manual VSX Estate Silver rp6791
'95 2.1td manual VSX Estate Green rp6769 sorn

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Ah not a permanent owner of stupid hose connections, the car is sold subject to repair and MOT etc... oh and a damm good clean

My own 2.1, a 1990 H reg one, has proper connections.. thnak god!

Paul

Others

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 pm

My '96s have the 'proper' connections too, when I tried to order a radiator, twice they sent me the one wth the bayonet connections :x the only advantage is that they are much cheaper, but that doesn't help if they dont fit.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset