Free V6 12V engine etc.

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
MTXM
Citroen God!

Free V6 12V engine etc.

Post by MTXM » Tue May 19, 2009 9:06 am

I recently posted that I had a few spare parts available, including on a 1992 V6 SI estate I was about to dismantle. The estate has to go by the end of this weekend and I intend to take off a few bits like the wheels, windscreen and various exterior and interior trim. I sadly have no use for or time to remove the engine and gearbox that has only done 130K and it seems a shame to throw it away! The parts will have be to off by next Monday and I am in North Norfolk if there are any takers? There are also all the body panels that are in fairly good nick (Triton Green) which will otherwise go to the crusher. Regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: Free V6 12V engine etc.

Post by andmcit » Tue May 19, 2009 9:57 am

Estates aren't really my thing, so I've no idea can the black plastic tops of the doors be easily removed
so the door can fit a saloon!? I've been looking for a Triton green offside rear door for a v6 saloon for
years and years...! Doesn't the big filling in wedge bolt onto the same door frame?

I know with a bit of effort a CX estate rear door can be made to fit a Prestige... :D

Is the car an auto or manual!!!?

Andrew

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Tue May 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi Andrew

The estate door top trim is glued in place with the same stuff as they use for fitting windscreens. Pity because underneath is a standard XM car door. My interest has always been recovering the trims for reuse so if you are not worried about the trim you might with a bit of carefull work get them off in bits and clean up to the paintwork underneath. Paul can confirm that estate doors fit and work on an XM car as I did with 3 of the doors on the car that I drove up to him last year.

John

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue May 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi John, thank you that is very useful and interesting to know. Wish I'd asked here before as I'm after a nearside
rear saloon door in silver and seem to have only seen estate ones... :roll: :cry:

What condition is the offside rear door in then Matthew!?

Andrew

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Tue May 19, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your enquiry and the door is in very good order with no dents or rust that I can see, although somebody did put a coin along that side the other night!! The door shape around the glass top and opening edge is quite different to the saloon, but I sure John is right about the fitting. In reply to your earlier query the V6 engine has manual transmission.
Regards,
Matthew T.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Tue May 19, 2009 8:39 pm

JEEEESUS Mathew! Now you say its a manual!!! :o :o :o

YOU MUST SAVE THAT MANUAL BOX!!!!

Its very rare! What a shame yur SO FAR away!!

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Tue May 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Really sorry Paul, but unfortunately I do not have the expertise, equipment or time to remove the engine and gearbox myself and also nowhere to store the car!! The cills and underside are fairly dire incidently having spent ten years on the seafront at Cromer!!! I realise that you are rather far away, but is there anyone else out there that could help before the middle of next week? Regards, Matthew T.