BITS AND BOBS

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
andmcit
XM Guru

Re: BITS AND BOBS

Post by andmcit » Wed May 12, 2010 9:48 pm

ex-em wrote:it doesnt have a switch to change the ride height
Don't you mean the switch to change between Sport and Auto beside the gear lever as
the ride height adjustment will be a chunky big lever on the right of the console!?
ex-em wrote:and looks to be a very basic car it is not a bx its an xm it has no electric windows and no of the usual trappings like alloys or spoiler,etc,
Hardly the end of the world as these can be bought easily at the moment. Less stuff to go wrong and likely a rare early car worth sorting out.
ex-em wrote:it was found b a mate of mine in a garage in the house he bought... been empty for at least 10 years,
Not sure of the legal position of ownership here!! Were the keys in it if you've got it started!? Is there a reg number or old tax disc on the screen? The reg will help determine SORN/last use as well as model variant etc but likely an early G plater 2.0i - does it have a big ally airflow meter over the nearside cylinder head? Thank your blessings it's only a manual car!!

Exhaust bits for early series 1 2.0i's are very cheap on eBay and likely non cat. Early (cheap) brakes too. Some folk would get more excited by an early base car than a later leather wood'n air auto effort!
:roll:

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Thu May 13, 2010 7:47 am

Some folk would get more excited by an early base car than a later leather wood'n air auto effort!
I am!!

But I'm still waiting for the pictures from ex-em to post them up here. However, its not a proposition for me. Bloody sea in the way again.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

SteveLP
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by SteveLP » Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 am

I remember back in 1990 one of my workmates had an XM carb (not injection) - very basic. But even that had the proper suspension and a rear spoiler. Any chance of the RP number from this one?

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Thu May 13, 2010 6:16 pm

SteveLP wrote:I remember back in 1990 one of my workmates had an XM carb (not injection) - very basic. But even that had the proper suspension and a rear spoiler. Any chance of the RP number from this one?
There were base models available in France and probably elsewhere that were non hydractive and no spoiler. Citroen UK didn't import them as the XM was meant to be a flagship model, not a BX also-ran.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

ex-em

Post by ex-em » Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 am

andmcit wrote:
ex-em wrote:it doesnt have a switch to change the ride height
Don't you mean the switch to change between Sport and Auto beside the gear lever as
the ride height adjustment will be a chunky big lever on the right of the console!? what i mean exactly is that it has NO hydraulic suspension at all.no switch no lever no buttons nothing
ex-em wrote:and looks to be a very basic car it is not a bx its an xm it has no electric windows and no of the usual trappings like alloys or spoiler,etc,
Hardly the end of the world as these can be bought easily at the moment. Less stuff to go wrong and likely a rare early car worth sorting out.im not buying anything for it as its too much for me to be tackling,however describing the car as best as i could does help if someone wants it.
ex-em wrote:it was found b a mate of mine in a garage in the house he bought... been empty for at least 10 years,
Not sure of the legal position of ownership here!! Were the keys in it if you've got it started!? Is there a reg number or old tax disc on the screen? The reg will help determine SORN/last use as well as model variant etc but likely an early G plater 2.0i - does it have a big ally airflow meter over the nearside cylinder head? Thank your blessings it's only a manual car!! legal position is simple, we have actually had the sense to look into this before putting the car onto the forum,yes it does have registration plates and six old tax discs which are in the glove box

Exhaust bits for early series 1 2.0i's are very cheap on eBay and likely non cat. Early (cheap) brakes too. Some folk would get more excited by an early base car than a later leather wood'n air auto effort!
:roll:
at the end of the day we have the car sat in a garage which is getting knocked down as i have actually seen the car i think i can describe it well enough,nobody has come to look at it so how can you all speculate as to what model it is? i do have some photos of the car which i tried to send to robert twice, however i have better things to do than waste my time if people are just being nosey and not interested in the car.

ex-em

Post by ex-em » Fri May 14, 2010 9:06 am

forget it,
you try to do a good thing and give a car away to someone who may want to use it for parts or put on the road, i do not understand how you can state that i am wrong when you have not seen the car??? :?: maybe you are physcic??? maybe you know every thing?? if thats the case then why send me an email of that tone? i dont care for your attitude, :evil: i have reported it to my isp and due to the language i have also spoken to the policei thought this was a good helpful forum............

not interested anymore, giving a car free to save it or make use for parts to try and keep the xm running was the plan, however £150 for scrap seems a better idea, lets hope that one day you dont need the part that was scrapped, i hope that none of you need any help in the future and are treated this way.

CAR IS BEING COLLECTED TODAY AND NEXT TIME YOU OPEN A TIN OF BEANS IT COULD WELL BE FROM THE XM :)

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Fri May 14, 2010 11:11 am

Whats that all about?
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Fri May 14, 2010 11:19 am

I'm a bit confused now as well.

However, as free as the car may be, collecting cars like this costs money as well. All dependant on how far someone is away from the car, and what options are available to them.

Any non runners that I buy, I trailer them home. Trailer hire is £40 a weekend, then there is the fuel you use to go and get it. Or if you get some recovery company to ship it for you, or use other vehicle hauliers to move the car, it can cost even more.

That Free Prestige what Dave the Rave got from me wasn't free by the time he spent a considerable amount of money getting it moved from one end of the country to the other.

For that reason, it is worth seeing if the car is worth investing time and money into collect.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

Citroenesque
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by Citroenesque » Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 pm

ex-em wrote:not interested anymore, giving a car free to save it or make use for parts to try and keep the xm running was the plan, however £150 for scrap seems a better idea, lets hope that one day you dont need the part that was scrapped, i hope that none of you need any help in the future and are treated this way.

CAR IS BEING COLLECTED TODAY AND NEXT TIME YOU OPEN A TIN OF BEANS IT COULD WELL BE FROM THE XM :)
(The sound of toys hitting the floor from the height of a pram).
1995 Citroen ZX 1.9D Avantage 3 door, white 106k miles.

steelcityuk
Citrobics expert

Post by steelcityuk » Fri May 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I can only assume the email was very nasty or threatening.

I didn't think anyone on here was like that.

It's quite saddening if they are.

Steve.
XM 2.1 SED K Plate - RP5876
Scenic 1.5 dCi 100
Gone -
Scenic 1.9 dCi 130 FAP
Prius T Spirit
XM S2 TCT Exclusive Hatch LPG
XM S2 2.5 VSX Estate
XM S2 2.1 VSX Hatch
Xantia 110 HDi Exclusive
Pug 405 GTX TD