BITS AND BOBS

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
ex-em
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: BITS AND BOBS

Post by ex-em » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:41 pm

XMX wrote:
ex-em wrote:............ i also have been given an xm its a very early model in black but im not sure what to do with it as it has none of the usual citroen tricks!! it doesnt have hydro suspension or electric windows its been stood for 10 years but have had it running not sure if its too much work for me :cry: ................
So are you saying that this unique/hybrid XM you've acquired, has not got an LHM tank or hydraulic pump/sphere's etc. :? :?:

If this is correct then look for a hydraulic brake master-cylinder/reservoir then and maybe a set of McPherson strut's with springs on the front, also a pair of coil springs/damper's on the rear too, if it has no hydraulics/suspension component's (Also pictures would be nice if this is true) !

:lol:

XMX
seems that you know everything about the xm then???

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Is it right hand drive?
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Are you thinking it could be one of these Peter? http://www.club-xm.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... pec#p11058

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:25 pm

Well, I've never heard of another one of that spec in this country - unless its from somewhere else they drive on the wrong side of the road.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 pm

I would be amazed if it was one of these non hydractive cars.

I'll be interested to see ex-em's pictures, the suspense is killing me!
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

ex-em

Post by ex-em » Mon May 10, 2010 4:02 pm

well i can confirm that it is indeed a plain jane xm with no fancy foibles, plain steel wheels and no gimmicks, having dragged it out of the garage and had a good look around it we managed to get the engine running took some doing but it got there in the end!!! will definately need a new exhaust dont think the neighbours were impressed!!! after scraping away at least 3 inches of muck it turns out the car is more navy than black, it has no spoiler or electric windows not even headrests!! passenger window is jammed open and the interior is rathy smelly, the seats are from what we can ascertain are a sandy ish browny colour,

i reckon to somebody who has the time to play around with it and get it sorted then it should make a nice car however i dont really have the space to work on it, i can get it in my garage but wont be enough room to work on it, these modern house gargaes are more like little sheds!!!

so if anyone wants to take it on and take it away then your welcome to come and get it. its currently in barton village just off the a1m near sctotch corner, drop me a pm or email if interested, if no body wants it it will have to go to the scrappy as matt wants to knock the garage down soon!!

cheers

ps photos have been taken and can be sent via email if you need them.

ex-em

Post by ex-em » Tue May 11, 2010 4:38 pm

please note that neither matt nor myself have the time to be taking parts off the car and posting them, i live too far and he works shifts,the car is to go as a whole, so please stop emailing asking me if i will sell whatever part you need!! if theres no interest in it then im afraid it will be weighed in, the gargae is due to be pulled down on the 20th may it needs to go by then be a shame to see it scrapped but needs must!! however you are welcome to come and take whatever you need before it goes to the scrapyard.
robert tried to send you email but kept returning as undelivered??

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Tue May 11, 2010 5:06 pm

I may have been tempted by this but ive got a drive full at the moment, its always the way that these things come up at the wrong time :(
Send Robert a PM if you cant email, that will get through ok.

Best of luck and i hope you manage to sell it.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Tue May 11, 2010 5:29 pm

ex-em, I'll PM my e-mail address again.

Robert
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

ex-em

Post by ex-em » Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Dean wrote:I may have been tempted by this but ive got a drive full at the moment, its always the way that these things come up at the wrong time :(
Send Robert a PM if you cant email, that will get through ok.

Best of luck and i hope you manage to sell it.

D
cheers thanks, although im not selling it im giving it away to whoever collects!!! or whoever wants to come and get the parts before it goes.