Mk 2 estate breaking

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Mk 2 estate breaking

Post by rowanmoor » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:36 am

Hi guys,

Sorry, I haven't been online for a few days - been rather busy with work, stuff at home and a random bug that my daughter gave me...

Peter - I am taking the car over - there is no way we could get the luggage for a family of 4 with 2 of them under 6 by foot. The prices are ridiculous. I have heard it quoted as being the most expensive ferry in the world per mile - don't know if that is true or not. It is worth it for a holiday though.

Dean. Does that wash/wipe switch have 2 buttons that will latch on? I am after 2 that will latch on or off to enable/disable the automatic wipers and lights functions seperatly - preferably without faffing with extra relays.

I am coming over on Saturday morning from Portsmouth, and returning the following Saturday. Will be on the South side of the island most of the time in between. This Saturday is probably better as once I am over I won't have to rush for the ferry. Will have to check with the wife tonight that it is OK to stop off for a bit :?
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Rowan,

Peter has been down today to picked up his bits and peices so thats all sorted.
I work saturdays which could be a pain but if you are staying in a cottage or something somewhere i can run out one evening after work with the box of bits and you can pick out what you want, saves having to drag the kids and wife out on their hols for unpopular xm related playing, that and it's easyier to move just me to you rather than mobilising the family .
The washwipe switch only has one switch and one push button so that wouldnt be much good, two singles would do it though, like a pair of interior light switchs with the symbols changed and they are rear window switch sized so will fit neatly in the centre consol and with the right sybols would look almost original 8-).

If that sounds ok i will PM you my number and you can give me a call when your down to arrange it.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi Rowan

Ask Dean to give you the ferry company web site address.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by rowanmoor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:50 am

Dean, That sounds great. I'll PM you my email address and mobile no in a minute. We are going to be in Sandown in a static caravan park. I should get email on my phone whilst there, but won't be checking the forum.

I now have a non working rear window switch in the console too - it opens but doesn't close. Just in time to go on holiday. Had to give my son a quick lesson on working the windows yesterday - I've never let them before and kept them isolated. At 5 I figured he could take responsibility for closing his window so made sure he knew how before we drove off, opened his window and then couldn't shut it when it started raining :lol:

Peter, the ferry is all booked through the holiday place. I think locals can get better prices than they give to UK residents at times though. Would be interested for other years if there are some tricks to bring the ferry price down. I'm sure Dean will fill me in if there are.
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Rowan

Although you have probably gone now i will ring you over the weekend and i have plenty of window switches kicking around, although i dont think your son will be too happy when he looses window switch operators rights :D

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory