Anyone Doncaster way? 2.1 Ecu's

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Anyone Doncaster way? 2.1 Ecu's

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:21 pm

'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

kenhall
Citroen go-to-guy

Re: Anyone Doncaster way? 2.1 Ecu's

Post by kenhall » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Anyone interested should ensure that the seller can provide the correct key pad code for the engine ECU.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:32 pm

I think they are ABS and Suspension Ecu's from a pre engine Ecu model, worth checking though . Only the late 2.1 with the EPIC pump had an engine Ecu. I would have them myself if they were nearer.

Peter

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Peter

I have a radiator to collect from him in the near future.
He posts on here.

John

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 pm

I'd love to have bought these but he won't send them! I'd like a better H4 suspension
ECU as the one my father uses on the 2.1 auto seems goosed...

Dammit he's even dropped their price a tenner too just to add salt in the wound.
What's wrong with some people - I've had computers, lawn mowers, motorcycle frames
(and engines) a tar pitch pot and sets of alloys with tyres couriered no problem.

A pair of poxy ECU's and the earth stops turning. :evil: :roll:

Andrew

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:22 pm

If you are going that way John ;) I could actually pick them up on our way back from Scotland, but that won't be until the beginning of October.

Peter

xmgob
Can find the S1 radio

Post by xmgob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 pm

TO ALL PEOPLE READING THIS, ITS NOT THAT I WON'T SEND THEM, I WON'T SELL THEM TO PETER N AND HIS MATES BECAUSE OF AN EARLIER SALE TO HIM WHERE THERE WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING AND I WAS THREATENED WITH CHARACTER ASSASSINATION WHICH IS WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE NOW BECAUSE I WON'T SELL ANYTHING TO PETER NUTKINS AS FOR THE RAD I'VE OFFERED TO POST THAT .BUT NOW I KNOW WHO AM SELLING IT TO HE CAN HAVE HIS BACK.

THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE SO BLOOMIN GOOD THAT THEY CAN THREATEN AND BULLY OTHER PEOPLE TO DO WHAT THEY WANT .
I THOUGHT THAT THIS SITE WAS FOR ENTHUSIASTS TO HELP EACH OTHER NOT TO BULLY EACH OTHER WHEN THEY CAN'T GET THERE OWN WAY.
I AM NOT AFRAID TO USE MY OWN NAME ROY DEARDEN

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Well Roy, I don't know the full background to what you refer to with Peter etc but feel I do
need to apologise unreservedly to you for commenting on the non posting for the ECU's as
rereading my previous message above it does seem unduly ratty - I get exasperated with
some ebay sellers who never or only half answer queries and seem totally inflexible.

You did indeed reply to me (twice!) saying they could be posted but I missed them with
my aggressive spam filter on my email... :oops:

Andrew

xmgob
Can find the S1 radio

Post by xmgob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi Andrew thanks very much for geting back and thanks for your apology which is gratefully accepted.thanks again , Roy Dearden.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi Roy and anyone else it concerns.

I have not mentioned the exchange between you and I because I said I would not and have kept my word, but as you have brought it up I think I need to justify my my reaction.

I purchased from Roy a suspension ECU, when it arrived it was a Mk1 although I had specified a Mk2, we all make mistakes so although niggled wasn't overly annoyed, what did concern me though was that although my previous emails to Roy had been answered almost immediatly, it took a couple of days for him to offer doing anything about replacing/refunding the part, as I have been ripped off on ebay before I was getting a little agitated and admit that I did threaten to make my findings known on the forum if he didn't do something about it.

I admit I was a little hasty and for that I apologise, but I will add that although it was his mistake I still had to pay the postage.

I would have been quite happy to purchase the ECUs from him but he declined, that's his perogative so I didn't make an issue of it, but I would be quite happy to purchase parts from him in the future if he felt so inclined.

Peter