Dream on .....

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
steelcityuk
Citrobics expert

Re: Dream on .....

Post by steelcityuk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:07 pm

At first I thought they'd mucked up the listing and got the decimal point in the wrong place. It should be £350 but then I read the cobblers about the worth of the 'plate.

Either really stupid, deluded or one hell of a wind up.

What recession....

Steve.
XM 2.1 SED K Plate - RP5876
Scenic 1.5 dCi 100
Gone -
Scenic 1.9 dCi 130 FAP
Prius T Spirit
XM S2 TCT Exclusive Hatch LPG
XM S2 2.5 VSX Estate
XM S2 2.1 VSX Hatch
Xantia 110 HDi Exclusive
Pug 405 GTX TD

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:40 pm

The only thing i dont understand is where he says hopefully it will go to "someone rich", does he mean rich enough to pay the daft price or rich enough to keep the old hound on the road???
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Yes :D
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:32 pm

:lol:

Addicted to Crackanory

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi All

I trust that you all have this fabulous car on your watch list. A typical ebay XM picks up at least 50 watchers but is lucky to get 5 bidders. This one is exceptional enough to pick up well over 100 watchers. That should keep the seller really happy right up until it finishes with no bids.

John

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:45 pm

I just had to "save" this description for posterity here on the forum as it's priceless!!
a silly gentleman on ebay wrote:After 30 months of proud ownership I just realised I can't afford to keep repairing it anymore.
Most recent faults are:
- leaking water pump - quoted at £150
- leaking one of longer hydraulic pipes - £200
Majority in those prices is labour.
Other faults are:
- power window in right back door intermittent - I do not use it at all
- heating of front seats does not work, at back OK
- cruise control not working
- height control sticky - no problem to raise, but hard to lower
- left back mirror fretful with reverse lowering
In the near future it will be advisable to replace:
- both rear tyres
- front brake pads
- left front light
All in all not so bad for 14 years old car with over 270 Kmiles on the clock, but there was a lot of repairs.
All the panels are showing the age, so from outside the car looks terrible, under the bonnet there is a mixture of new and old,
but inside it is still extremely comfortable.
And there is the REGISTRATION - in my opinion one of the best for showing the pride for My XM Diesel.
The asking price is final from the top - the first one paying this will get the car and the reg with my blessing :)
For separate selling I'm looking for £2000 each.
I have and old valuation from Regtransfers.co.uk for £1500 NET, so I can expect they will sell it for around £2000.
The car is worth for me at least £2000 with Government Scrappage Scheme, and I've paid more for repairs.
I would prefer to sell the car to someone mechanically minded (or rich), who will keep it on the road.
In this case (the car only) I will ask for a month to transfer the reg to my next car.
Buying the reg only is simpler for you and in this case I will repair the car.
There is over 6 months of MOT, TAX will be reneved this month.
The car is in everyday use.
:shock: :? :roll:

A bargain at £3500 considering the low miles then...

Andrew

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:52 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This joker AGAIN?! :lol:

Mr 'My XM Diesel' was on fleabay about a year or two ago, trying to sell the car for about £2k, under the same ridiculious pretence of the numberplate being worth a fortune.

So the car seems to have gained about £1.5k, and a load more faults in the meantime.

People like this who will 'only sell for good money', usually end up being (understandably) unable to sell it, and won't part with it as they've 'invested too much money on it', so the car usually ends up going off the road and languishing in a state of disrepair in a front garden or field somewhere, we've all seen ones like this.

Ciarán

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Reading between the lines it seems like the guy is desperate for 2k, either he sells the number and keeps the car or the other way around, although i think he would stand a better chance of getting his 2k by auctioning himself for a one night only stand up show, he's a fricken comedy god :lol:

D

Addicted to Crackanory

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:56 pm

a silly gentleman on ebay wrote:After 30 months of proud ownership I just realised I can't afford to keep repairing it anymore.
Money Pit FOR SALE - it's ruined my finances and I'm desperate to offload it to someone else...
he then wrote:Most recent faults are:
- leaking water pump - quoted at £150
- leaking one of longer hydraulic pipes - £200
yes that's right - the one that goes over the top of the rear subframe and is impossible to get at
without dropping it down off the car...
then wrote: Majority in those prices is labour.
if you buy items for 50p on ebay and know a very VERY cheap garage (in Nairobi...)
mind he then wrote:Other faults are:
- power window in right back door intermittent - I do not use it at all
- heating of front seats does not work, at back OK
- cruise control not working
- height control sticky - no problem to raise, but hard to lower
- left back mirror fretful with reverse lowering
OK, we all know it's a series 2 so there's obvious paranoia about opening a non closing window!! :P
then wrote:In the near future it will be advisable to replace:
- both rear tyres
- front brake pads
- left front light
...and rose tinted spectacles...
but he then wrote:All in all not so bad for 14 years old car with over 270 Kmiles on the clock, but there was a lot of repairs.
Wow really compelling sales patter...
and wrote:All the panels are showing the age, so from outside the car looks terrible,
... don't you REALLY want this car!! Now winding up to a climax, hang on a mo, it's coming...
so wrote:under the bonnet there is a mixture of new and old,
but inside it is still extremely comfortable.
... if you're a midget and can contort into the engine bay (best remove the battery though!) :lol: ;)
hold on to your hats, here it comes, he then wrote:And there is the REGISTRATION - in my opinion one of the best for showing the pride for My XM Diesel.
for a number plate I bought off DVLA for £195 I now believe the fairies at the bottom of my garden when they say it's very valuable...
he wrote:The asking price is final from the top
...more like over the top...
now clutching at final straws means he wrote: - the first one paying this will get the car and the reg with my blessing :)
For separate selling I'm looking for £2000 each.
I have and old valuation from Regtransfers.co.uk for £1500 NET, so I can expect they will sell it for around £2000.
The car is worth for me at least £2000 with Government Scrappage Scheme, and I've paid more for repairs.
...well, that's what Nick down at the Craven's Arms reckoned last night after 8 pints...
soooooo... he then wrote:I would prefer to sell the car to someone mechanically minded (or rich),
who will keep it on the road.
and totally off their head and eccentric to boot!
and almost finally... he then wrote:In this case (the car only) I will ask for a month to transfer the reg to my next car.
Buying the reg only is simpler for you and in this case I will repair the car.
...obviously with the £2k expected as a return from selling THE number of all Xm numbers...
finally... he then wrote:There is over 6 months of MOT, TAX will be reneved this month.
The car is in everyday use.
So expect the mileage to go higher and additional wear and tear to the outside of the car that already 'looks terrible'...

So start bidding now everyone!!!??? :? :?

If the seller chances onto this forum and feels I'm/we're all being a mite hard on him, please by all means pitch in and explain
the rationale of the valuation on the car/registration - is there any tangible proof from Regtransfers or just a similar number
advertised in the Sunday Times last year sometime...? :roll:

So, if you want an Xm that 'looks terrible', has over 270k miles and is only being shown in one back view picture on ebay,
that is valued at the apparent scrappage value if you're actually registered as it's owner in 12 months and the scheme is
still in operation...

and you're planning on buying a new car actually...

...a 'really compelling' argument for £2k and if you've gone that far, why not chuck an extra £1.5k in for a numberplate
that needs subtitles to explain it's "meaning" to everyone who wouldn't even give a dinky doo anyhow....

simples!!

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:19 pm

exellent Andrew :lol: :lol:

D

Addicted to Crackanory