2.5 Injection Pump Wanted

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
onthecut
Citrobics expert

2.5 Injection Pump Wanted

Post by onthecut » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:17 am

Hi Guys.

Finally getting around to starting revivng the current ride and a key item is the injection pump. I do have one on my spares car, but once that's off it becomes immobile and a real liability. So ---- anyone got a 2.5 pump in known good order they are interested in selling ?

Mike.

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Re: 2.5 Injection Pump Wanted

Post by xmexclusive » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:36 am

Hi Mike

Will think about it. You have picked a bad time. Need to get the roof back on the house while the weather is good.
Have collected the odd one or so as I am just starting to use Bio and thought some spares prudent but anything will be well buried under the mess in the unit.
What have you done to check out the injector with the sensor?

John

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Re: 2.5 Injection Pump Wanted

Post by onthecut » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:56 am

Hi John.

Last question first ---- nothing ! What are the symptoms if it gives out ? My gut feeling is it's the lift pump element of the pump that's given up, as I got it running on a gravity feed. Might even ponder fitting an electric pump in the delivery line temporarily and see if that gets a result.

You mention you are going bio --- are you looking at commercial bio, or the veg oil end of the spectrum ? We've been running on commercial bio for a couple of years or so, now -- and I must admit I'm wondering if that's behind my current woes. I believe the commercial stuff is only 5 - 10% veg oil, the rest being commercial diesel, but even so, it's noticeably a very variable substance. When you first start, you'll be changing the fuel filter like never before --- the fuel itself can be dirty and it seems to fetch all the c**p of ages up from the tank, as well.

When I get fixed, I'm seriously considering going back to normal diesel. Actually, I'd quite like to try an LPG V6 as a comparison. Our Landies are all on gas, which at 40p litre is a very attractive alternative to any sort of diesel.

MIke.