Passenger side indicator repeater.

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Passenger side indicator repeater.

Post by rowanmoor » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:24 pm

I am after the passenger side indicator repeater. I don't know if they are handed or not, they may not be so a drivers side may do.

Mine had stopped working, so I levered it off and found it is not an XM one, but a Saxo one which was somehow held in place by black magic which only worked once :? I presume it actually had some clip or something on the back which came off as I removed it.

The problem was just a dirty contact on the bulb so it was looking like a 30 second fix until I found the black magic had stopped working.

Unfortunately, it looks like the connector and everything is completely different on the Saxo one, so someone has cut the wiring and replaced the whole lot. So ideally I would like one that includes the bulb holder, connector and a little wire as well so I can patch it back in.

Is anyone able to help, please?
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Re: Passenger side indicator repeater.

Post by xmexclusive » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Rowan

Yes, They are not handed so you just need to confirm that you need a Mk2 one.
Not only do Mk1 ones look a little different (angular rather than rounded) but so is the shape of the hole in the wing.
If you give me your address I will put one in the post.

John

rowanmoor

Post by rowanmoor » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi John,

Now you have me wondering. The wing was replaced in the past so I can't be certain that it matches the rest of the car. Is there a way to be sure it is Mk2 (as the rest of the car is) and not Mk1? I can take a photo of the repeater hole at some point if that is the deciding factor. What is the difference in hole shape between Mk1 and Mk2?
Rowan

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi Rowan

Only got Mk2 wings and they are stacked way back in the heap in upstairs storage part of the unit.
Might be just as easy for me to send a Mk1 indicator to start with. Sounds as though that should fit and plug straight in.
Will see what I can find.

John

rowanmoor

Post by rowanmoor » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:51 pm

I'll check the shape of the hole this evening. If it is the same as the other side then it is Mk2, else it is Mk1. I'll let you know...
Rowan

rowanmoor

Post by rowanmoor » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Right I have had a look.

The drivers side is (as far as I know) original and so had the Mk2 repeater I presume with the Mk2 shaped hole. Is that correct?

The passenger side is the one with the replaced wing and Saxo repeater. The hole is clearly a different shape - much rounder - therefore I presume this is Mk1.
(Yes this side is de-badged as when it was replaced it did not have a new badge added) And please excuse the unwashed state of the car at the moment.

Assuming I am right about it being Mk1 on the dodgy side, and assuming a Mk2 light won't fit in a Mk1 hole, then it must be a Mk1 one I need.

So, do you have a Mk1 one, please, John? I will PM you my address.
Rowan

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi Rowan

Will see if I can look out a Mk1 one then. Think there were a few in the electrical heap unless I sent them as part of a Mk1 job lot.
Will also look out some switch plugs, how long do you want the wires and how many wires for each switch as I should be able provide
those loose to reinsert in the plugs as you need them. Might even throw in the missing 2.5 badge if I come across one in the search.

John

rowanmoor

Post by rowanmoor » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks, John.

The length of the wires is not too important as long as there is enough to connect onto it. Longer tends to be better, but everything I intend to connect will either be within a few inches or I will be running a new wire to the switch. I think I will be using 5 connectors on each, so 10 in total.

If you find a badge, then it will even up the wings a bit :D
Rowan