"Hello Boys" ;-)

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
Richard
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: "Hello Boys" ;-)

Post by Richard » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Simple. None.

Drove one once and was converted, but, couldn't afford one of my own.

This is design innovation from twenty odd years ago that still is unrivalled.

Now, on that, I know I'm not wrong!

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:55 pm

There was a saying that 'if you drove an CX for less than half an hour you would never want to drive one again, more than half an hour and you would never want to drive anything else', and it was true. The design of the suspension was far superior to that of the the XM, and it handled like a Mini, albeit a seventeen foot one. The design using discs all round, diravi steering and centrally mounted steering knuckles was tremendously advanced for its time, they initially came out in the early '70's thats nearly 40 years ago!

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

ekaftan
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by ekaftan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:56 am

Peter.N. wrote:There was a saying that 'if you drove an CX for less than half an hour you would never want to drive one again, more than half an hour and you would never want to drive anything else', and it was true.
Thats incredible accurate. The first two times I went out to buy a CX I drove them like a buyer would. A small around the block drive. I hated them both.

Then a friend lent me one that I drove for a longer stint. I got hooked and I went ahead and bought one of the same ones I had hated before. The second time I drove it I loved it.

I now have a GS a CX and an XM... I had to sell a Xantia for lack of space, both in headroom and parking :)