Xantia Activa £1 starting price

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Re: Xantia Activa £1 starting price

Post by robert_e_smart » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Any Snaps David?

Mightn't be a bad Idea to start a new thread for this car?
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Is this a s1 or a s2 v6 David?

Andrew

David Hallworth
Citrobics expert

Post by David Hallworth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:11 pm

1996 - Series 1.

Not got any pictures at the moment but I'll get some at the weekend.

D
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Same as my Blue one Andrew, But Green, with winter pack, and Half leather - winter pack Headlight washers and heated seats...

I CAN vouch! It REALLY is clean, as far as condition goes, it is currently in better condition then the blue one, but in the end, it was COLOUR that did it for me, over condition.. I DID NOT want a Green one!!

Engine bay - is amazingly clean too, but I cannot remember the strut tops off the top of my head, I think they were in good order...

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Half leather sounds odd - foot in both camps as it were! Never seen a Xantia 1/2 and 1/2!
I like the green one's especially s1's - it's no accident it was the most popularly requested
colour from Citroen on a Xantia - it does look good on them; it's just unfortunate that EVERY
one you see is the same!! :roll: :lol:

Andrew

David Hallworth
Citrobics expert

Post by David Hallworth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:06 pm

The strut tops on it from the top anyway look brand new.

There's a couple of small marks on the bodywork but that's about it.

I'll give it a wash at the weekend and get some pictures of it.

It's got a couple of previous owners, but it's been in the same family since new.

D
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:29 pm

Update on the Xantia that started this thread off!!

Picked the car up this afternoon and I'm very pleased with it; for a start, the all important Activa
rams appear bone dry from LHM leakage and the engine sounds nice - fluttering manifold farting
nothwithstanding. The bodywork is straight apart from the bruise on the rear shown into the auction
and the dent I was worrying about in the rear wing from studying the auction pictures was just my
imagination. The exhaust looks a bit old as do the tyres so there's some financial hurdles ahead
there. The infamous flaky Xantia strut tops look Ok though! YAY! The spheres are OK though the
fronts could need renewal in a year or two.

The car appears quite fresh and tidy but appears just on the brink of slipping dangerously onto the
downward spiral with multiple short term owners and badly botched repairs and NLC - no loving care
rather than TLC!! Everything works though including the ABS, sunroof and AC but the radio wiring/
opening have been butchered about; to the point under closer inspection I sadly discovered the
inner air ducting and heater matrix box have had big chunks lopped out of them - the things
muppets do to their cars! BTW the multichanger and feed cable are still in the boot untouched.

BUT!!

The key worry now though is a botched repair to the injector rail on the cylinder head - basically
the main feed from the tank has a quick connect/spring loaded connector plug and the receiving
port onto the rail was broken. :? :o :evil: WTF!!

The guy I got the car off has made a repair using a slug of resin in the bottom 10mm of a drinks can
surrounding the broken port but guess what, whilst it was bone dry and looked usable when I bought
the car, it is now leaking a small spurt of fuel... :o :shock: :o A total deathtrap at the moment which
I've had the misfortune to see the after effects of before. As I say, the things people get up to!!

I'll need to see if I have another correct injector rail but may well be here asking for another
- watch this space!

And goddammit; I was shortchanged a spare wheel and jack bag! What saddo pinches the spare...

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThwartedEfforts
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by ThwartedEfforts » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:52 am

My car has flaky strut tops. Doesn't look serious but the paint's gone and there's rust there. Anything I should do/worry about?

The only other thing that I'm unsure about is a squeak, squeak, squeaking on left hand turns...

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 am

Its not so much how they look on top, more so how they look under the wings were they pick up all the wet!!!

If its a Series 2, I may be wrong, but they dont seem to suffer like S1 cars..

Ive broke up a S2 HDi on a T plate with 215k on the clock, and both front strut tops were in great order!!

Of course, I ve no reason to beleve they have not been replaced.. BUT, my White Xantia customer, with 280k on it, IS on original strut tops, and thats also a T plate series 2 and they ARE in GREAT order with little damage...

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive