CX GTi Turbo anyone?

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

CX GTi Turbo anyone?

Post by rowanmoor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 pm

Someone I know on another forum is selling his CX GTi Turbo. He runs the toppy.org forum and has a suitable interest in big Citroens. I think he is based in the north London area, but I may be wrong.

Pictures can be found at http://gallery.me.com/nwhitfield#100024, and thread about selling it is at http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14921.

Not many details yet, but I have asked some basic questions there to get a few more details in case anyone is interested.
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: CX GTi Turbo anyone?

Post by rowanmoor » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Nigel has posted a few more details and his reasons for selling:
Well, I was thinking of selling anyway - I only use it a few times a month, and it costs too much to keep in good nick to make that worth while.

It's presently 23 years old, and has some rust (plus various bits of welding over recent years), but is pretty sound on the whole and runs well.

It's getting to that age where it will start to need more work, I think, and I can't really justify the cost for something I use so seldom, not when I have the DS to pour money into as well.

It had a new clutch last year, and this year replacement front-> hydraulic pipes, and in the last four years I've had new TRX tyres all round, new radiator, recon water pump, recon accumulator and I think a new battery as well.
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

ooooOOOOooooOOOOooo :o :o Im in love!

Black with leather too!! Ive just NOT got the space or cash, but thats the ideal CX Id want... especially Leather which will always be on my CX wish list when I finally get to ownership...

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Mind, it's a non intercooled version - effectively the first turbo wearing the later s2 bumpers!!

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Mind, it's a non intercooled version
That's easily rectified, it is a nice car though, i have to agree it would be my ideal Too (droooool) :lol:

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:58 pm

It's not JUST the intercooler mind! The turbo, ECU and significantly the gearing of the box are totally different.

I do own a black GTi T2 and please believe me when I say, it IS NOT the best colour to have a CX GTi turbo in!
And before getting carried away with dead cow's backside, try the velour sawtooth herringbone; it is unquestionably
THE BEST seat material on the second best seat EVER!! The best happens to be found in a S1 Cx GTi T1 with the same
material covering!! So, the best s2 CX colour? Florentine Red metallic! Or perhaps that metallic bluey lilac...

in fact, black doesn't work as much as White surprisngly DOES!

Andrew

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Ah yeah Andrew but you forgot one thing, leather looks good, need i say more? :lol:
ok so the leather isnt that comphy and it does make you sweaty in certain areas that its not that good to be sweaty in but we dont need to talk about that because leather is ace in my book 8-)

D

Addicted to Crackanory

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:20 pm

oh and you are right about black, i know it does nothing for the lines of any car and it looks dirty really quick and scratches show a mile away but for that first few hours after you have spent all weak washing, polishing and waxing then washing again to get rid of the smears and you stand back, while its parked in the shade and you think "oh yeah, what a beautie"

D

Addicted to Crackanory

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Dean wrote:Ah yeah Andrew but you forgot one thing, leather looks good, need i say more?
<<sigh>> :roll: I don't know why I bother.

Does it? "Looking cool" seems to be the sole purpose for living for those numpties driving those frumpy
Battlestar Gallactica totally GROSS Honda's which spring to mind - totally vile automotive graffiti tat!!
Just a bad case of busllsh*t style over content...

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:37 pm

sure, but this 'style' is wipe clean and the alternative 'content' is a pain to get melted chocolate out of ;) i also dont have to panic when i get in because i have my sooty dusty work clothes on because it wont do anything to leather, its impossible to get out of cloth seats, been there :oops: ........

D

Addicted to Crackanory