Auto Trader: BX 4x4

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
ThwartedEfforts
Knows how to use the parking brake

Auto Trader: BX 4x4

Post by ThwartedEfforts » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Who knew they made such a beast? :?:

1991 H Reg CITROEN BX 19 4x4

£500
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... 7337288546

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: Auto Trader: BX 4x4

Post by andmcit » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:51 pm

They did a GTi saloon one too! Apparently the torque tubes can strip themselves of splines which then don't transmit
any drive and are wickedly expensive to reconstitute. Citroen has had a natural gift of hiding it's true engineering
prowess under a bushel!! Not many manufactureres were ineterested and pursued the rotary engine, the nearest
anything got to an alternative to the still plodding on engine concept has been produced over decades, yet Citroen
COMOTOR with NSU were making cars in the early 70's based on the AMI and GS.

The main dead weight to Citroens natural abilities and development/growth is Peugeot, the unwilling partner ordered
into bed with Citroen to consumate a dodgy pairing enforced by the French Government. :(

Here's hoping nieche models, as demonstrated by the gazillions of models within the Benz empire works for PSA and
Citroen now with Citroen seemingly finding it's engineering/design/styling mojo again - just bad timing with global
market contraction and greed stuffing up the World economy.

Andrew

ds21
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by ds21 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:56 am

Hi, I`ve an identical car to the 4x4 (not quite as tidy) with AC. Is there anyone afterone as a sort of project, I`ve asked the BXers but I feel unless I strip the car and give the bits away no is interested.
Alternatively is there anyone looking for any bits, as it may end up being crushed for scrap.
Cheers

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Give me the details, and I will post them on the Citroen Car Club forum for you.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic