SPotted on Linkedin FREE 2.5TD Estate in Kent/Surry border

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
endorfin
Citrobics expert

Re: SPotted on Linkedin FREE 2.5TD Estate in Kent/Surry bord

Post by endorfin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:31 am

Don't let this go for scrap, if it's a good runner and it's the sills that need the work my brother can do this for me for very little cost. Not much I can do until the 13th as I'm at the other side of the planet. Don't know how I never noticed this before.

turbo_imp
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by turbo_imp » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 am

endorfin, A very good friend of mine is all being well in the process of saving this one. I hope it all works out :)

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Is Leicester going to become XM-central?
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

messerschmitt owner
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by messerschmitt owner » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 am

Endorfin

I have PM'd turbo imp with contact details and asked the owner to message or call me by the end of the week if there is no resolution there - in which case I have also told the owner that you are in Oz till the 13th and you are next on the list.

Campbell
Image[/url]
IMG_0865 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

endorfin
Citrobics expert

Post by endorfin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Update on this, I picked this car up today from Len he seems a very nice chap and another Citroen enthusiast, he has another green 2.5 estate as well as several other Citroen's including C5's, Xantia's and a rather lovely C6 plus a clutch of 2CV's!

I drove the car to my partner's parents in Redhill (booked it in for MOT in case I got stopped) drove very nicely and suspension seems perfect. Got a noisy tensioner and there's a few items that need sorting for MOT and some welding. Doesn't seem as powerful as my 2.5 (when it was running properly!) but I think it could be a dirty fuel filter.

As I don't have the time to work on it at the moment (I still haven't gotten around to fixing my own XM) and there is no space here I need to get it up to my Mum's farm in Wales. I can't access it to activate the immobiliser. However I do have a spare ECU from an exact car, that I do know the code for...my question is, if I swap the ECU's and then activate it with the code that I do know will that work. And if later on I put the original ECU back in the car will it revert back to it's deactivated state as it is now or will it request a code. I don't want to end up with a bricked ECU. Hope this makes sense? Hopefully John will be along in a bit with an answer.

Any other ideas of methods of temporarily disabling the vehicle for remote storage will be welcome.

endorfin
Citrobics expert

Post by endorfin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:34 pm

PS a big thank you to Campbell for finding this and putting me in touch.

messerschmitt owner

Post by messerschmitt owner » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:50 pm

Nigel

Glad it is offto a good home and is likely not to get scrapped just yet.

Have fun with it. And we need some pics of the cheapest Xm you'll ever buy.

I had had a quote of £160 to deliver it to mine and was temped myself but didn't want another no mot'd car.
Campbell
Image[/url]

messerschmitt owner

Post by messerschmitt owner » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Have you tried reconnecting the key pad and using the code 1111?
Image[/url]

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:43 am

messerschmitt owner wrote:Have you tried reconnecting the key pad and using the code 1111?
It's a risky strategy as you might lock the ECU and never be able to easily unlock it again.
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

endorfin
Citrobics expert

Post by endorfin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:21 am

There is already a problem with it, when I turn the key sometimes the keypad light will go green and it will start other times both green and red lights stay on and the car will not start. There seems to be no pattern to it, I can try countless times and it won't start then the red light will go off and it starts. Got to be an electrical fault?

I need to know if I swap the ECU over with one that I know the code for, will I be able to enter the code?

What I'm asking is, where is the information stored for starting the car without a code, i.e. if you disable the need to enter a code, is this stored to the ECU or somewhere else? Going to go and compare the part numbers of the ECU's I have as soon as it gets light.