ANOTHER Glasgow V6 Xantia!

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Re: ANOTHER Glasgow V6 Xantia!

Post by robert_e_smart » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:32 pm

No I didn't.

A Friend of mine who lives in Falkirk called him about the car, and the seller was adament that he could get the code from Citroen.

So my friend called the dealer in Glasgow, who said that they could get the original factory code from Citroen for £30. But I dout that the code has stayed the same.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: ANOTHER Glasgow V6 Xantia!

Post by rowanmoor » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:41 pm

I didn't look at the original listing, but looking at this one I notice a few things:

1) He has a feedback of 2 - both as a buyer
2) There is no photo of the whole of the car.
3) There are only photos of one side of the car.
4) The interior photo is taken through the window with a coat or something on the seat. Why not open the door and take the coat out?
5) There are no pictures of badges etc. There is one of the engine which could have been grabbed of the internet though it is the same colour bodywork. If he couldn't be bothered to open the door, did he really open the bonnet which requires opening the door? Is it really that engine or spec?

It looks to me like he has taken a photo of a car in someone else's drive and listed it on ebay!
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green