eBay: loads of 'em

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
Dean
Global Moderator

Re: eBay: loads of 'em

Post by Dean » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:01 pm

:lol: :D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Whilst its true anything is only worth what someone's prepared to pay and advertising the goods on offer is a
black art, blowing sunshine up the tailpipe of something and presenting it as something it isn't won't win sales
or keep the business going so judging by their arrogance and indifference, they must sell Xm's as a sideline to
their farming interests of something!?

Has anyone here parted with their hard earned for a WHM car or know someone that has?
Even with the money in his pocket and a determination to make a long drive, citroenmad
Chris came away disappointed and this premium priced stock left wanting.

Andrew

gav
XM newbie

Post by gav » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:33 am

over the years WHM have certainly got peoples blood boiling on this forum (and it predecessor).

I've shared my experience and views before but its interesting how WHM seem to be changing with the times. I am actually a past customer of them, all be it about 6 years ago. The car i am now selling (gavsxm ebay item, the green one at the top of this thread) was, at that time, competitively priced against others advertised all over the place. I guess now with the fewer numbers for sale they feel they can push the prices up and up.

My experience of them even back then was that they were not interested in changing their price. They would however do just about any bit of work on the car you cared to list. No doubt this is different nowadays but when i bought mine they had no trouble carrying out lots of remedial work before i collected it.

Obviously i soon found this forum (well the previous forum) soon after buying the car and this, more than any other source, had kept XMs on the road.

I do take offence to WHM comments about other adverts on ebay. I am tempted to add a note on my listing slagging off other overppriced adverts pointing out the collective experience and knowledge form this forum which far outweighs that available from a single non-communicative dealer in a field!
Emerald green 2.5td Exclusive

steelcityuk
Citrobics expert

Post by steelcityuk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:24 pm

I did comment long ago about the 'stupid' prices being asked by them for an XM, this didn't go down well with some people. My objection to it is that I think (note the word think) that they are buying the cars very cheaply then selling them on for a large profit by preying on the uneducated buyer. Now I know some will take exception to my comments but to me it's little different to preying on old people and their lack of awareness with some things (like switching their Gas/Electric supplier, etc.)

I won't be buying a XM from them so why have I got my knickers in a twist?

Simple, they are pushing up prices out of reach of enthusiasts like myself and others so that only the well off 'I want one of them' brigade can afford them. Also every XM that they have stood in a field waiting is another XM that isn't out there either for sale (at a reasonable price, which I bet they paid for it) or being enjoyed by a new owner. At the end of the day my XM (and most others on here) is my daily transport, not a keep it in a garage toy only to be trotted out for classic car shows and I think prices should reflect this.

Just because they can doesn't mean they should.

Steve.
XM 2.1 SED K Plate - RP5876
Scenic 1.5 dCi 100
Gone -
Scenic 1.9 dCi 130 FAP
Prius T Spirit
XM S2 TCT Exclusive Hatch LPG
XM S2 2.5 VSX Estate
XM S2 2.1 VSX Hatch
Xantia 110 HDi Exclusive
Pug 405 GTX TD

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:31 pm

My thoughts about WHM too Steve! I've watched them win bidding on a lot of ebay stuff that they
know they can absorb into their massive markup where the opposing bidders were only prepared
to pay the real world prices.

Incidentally, seen the price for the s2 burgundy front bumper!? I paid less for one just like it
that came with a complete GWO lowish miles car attached!

Andrew

minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by minijet » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:01 pm

andmcit wrote:
Incidentally, seen the price for the s2 burgundy front bumper!? I paid less for one just like it

Andrew
Don't forget the nose cone (£99) or strut top (£150).
I certainly won't be buying anything from WHM.
In recent weeks I've seen a 2.1td (with MOT) go for £130 and a 2.0 turbo (knackered head gasket) go for £100 on Ebay.
Why pay £150 for a strut top when a complete car can be bought for less?

carliterature
Can find the S1 radio

Post by carliterature » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:44 pm

andmcit wrote:My thoughts about WHM too Steve! I've watched them win bidding on a lot of ebay stuff that they
know they can absorb into their massive markup where the opposing bidders were only prepared
Do they tend to use their regular eBay handle for bidding as well as selling or do they use another name?

Cheers

Keith
2000 W Citroen XM 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Silver - January 2008 to date
1998 S Citroen Xantia 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Black - July 2006 to January 2008
1999 T Citroen XM 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Magenta - May 2005 to June 2006

ThwartedEfforts
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by ThwartedEfforts » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:31 pm

andmcit wrote:Incidentally, seen the price for the s2 burgundy front bumper!? I paid less for one just like it
:lol:

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:12 pm

carliterature wrote:
andmcit wrote:My thoughts about WHM too Steve! I've watched them win bidding on a lot of ebay stuff that they
Do they tend to use their regular eBay handle for bidding as well as selling or do they use another name?

Cheers

Keith

It's been a while and may in fact be before WHM started selling stuff where recall there were a few auctions buying parts under
a different ID - certainly they seem to bid on cars now using the WHM name; saw that 24v s2 Xm, CX estate and 2.0i TCT go
their way in recent month or so too.

With the new dumbed down anonymous ebay you're never totally sure what's going on anymore and in fact I've been in danger
of bidding against my pals and family for Citroen items - great for ebay of course but crap for everyone else. Plus there's no
chance of finding out how iffy some of the current/winning bidders are where shill bidding enters the equation. I'm certainly
going very rapidly off ebay and I've used it from the outset and have an embarrassing level of feedback now.

Andrew

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Never mind andrew, at least WE can say - "We have a 24v S1, you dont!!.." to them...

I remember phoning them - no, emailling them, for a gearbox for my S1 24v.. they said, ".......no sorry, BUT if you ever want to sell your instead ........"

Yea right I thought, hence finding out about the original box and sorting it with that one... :D

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive