C&C: Citroen BX GTi 4x4 For Sale (1992)

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
ThwartedEfforts
Knows how to use the parking brake

C&C: Citroen BX GTi 4x4 For Sale (1992)

Post by ThwartedEfforts » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:15 am

Is this as rare and as interesting as the buyer makes out . . ?
Citroen BX GTi 4x4 For Sale (1992)

Ultra-rare classic BX. I'm told less than ten in the UK. 55,000 miles. 4 New tyres. No tax. Mot till Jan 2010. Fitted 16valve suspension spheres recently. Clutch needs replacing but car still drives. A clutch will be supplied with the car (although aftermarket clutch). The part that took the car off the road is the rear subframe mounts, both of the rear mounts for the rear subframe have broken. Something I found out when the car was lifted on a ramp to change the rear spheres. These mounts are no longer available from Citroen and I can't seem to find any anywhere else. Again, the car does drive with the mounts as they are since the weight is keeping them in place but I wouldn't recommend anything more than driving it either to a VERY close new home or onto a trailer.

There is a short behind the dash which has knocked the instrument lights out but the instruments all work. All switches work with the exception of two clips behind the dash which hold the heater control cables which have broken, this means the dials just turn without adjusting the heater. There is air-con but the gas would need refilling, something I never got round to doing. Seats and door cards are from a 16valve and it's the black/grey stripe Monza interior I believe.

Before the clutch began to slip I loved every second I spent in this car. It still goes fairly well and is really nice to drive. I bought it in January from a close friend and my plan has always been to fix the subframe mounts and change the clutch but have never found the money/time to do it. I think I was just too ambitious as I don't have the equipment to fix major things on cars. I don't want the car sitting in my carpark and rotting, it should be enjoyed. Please no time wasters and no silly offers.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C108527/
Either way, it looks a nice car.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: C&C: Citroen BX GTi 4x4 For Sale (1992)

Post by citroenxm » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:40 am

Rare yes! Clutch... hmmm, I beleve its a completely different setup to the standard car because of the 4x4 system... but for sure, I dont know..

BLIMEY! Air Conditioning too!!!!!

Look quite tidy too!

paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

jonathan_dyane
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by jonathan_dyane » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:11 pm

It does look nice, and they are certainly interesting, but the fact that some parts are close to impossible to source, and that the transfer boxes are very prone to losing a rather important set of splines (which results in total loss of drive) makes them a car for the enthusiast only IMHO.
Jonathan.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1979 Citroen GS 1220 Club Estate
1999 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
1991 Kawasaki GT-550
1986 MZ ETZ 250

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Rare as rocking horse poo but far more desireable! i would consider selling the XM for a 4 wheel drive BX GTI, in fact its one of a handefull of cars i would!
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory