Wanted: A few small Xm parts ....

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Re: Wanted: A few small Xm parts ....

Post by citroenmad » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi John, ive just been out to check the base and it seems fine, well to look at anyway:

Hi creag, im still after the o/s headlight washer jet cover and also the n/s sidelight unit - must be in good clear condition though, not going white - i already have one of those :lol: Are both your estates S1? I dont think they have headlamp washers, or they will be different if they do?

I cant find or think of anywhere i can get hold of the fitted mudflaps, so i might just go with the blade style if i cant find any. So if you have a set in good condition id be interested :)

Thanks Ian, thats great :D

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi Chris

I think you will find that it is cracked and split along the bumper edge on the right hand side as you look at the picture.
That side looks a little dropped and pushed back slightly. Might be wrong of course.
The member offering ebay bits is scrapping a couple of Mk1's so his bumpers will have no washer bits and the drivers window winder will be no use to Bob unless he accepts loosing anti-pinch and takes the wiring loom, ECU as well a the winder.
Hallidays (NI) have some new Citroen mud flaps on ebay at the moment. Had a few bits from them and will again.
Try ebay item 170383815769 (the scrap 2.5 that I am watching) and search for there other stuff.

John

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks John, im not sure what im looking for, so couldnt see it was broken. Looks like ill need the whole washer unit then?

Might get a set of those mudflaps from them, i ideally wanted the styled/moulded ones like on my white one, but i cant see me getting any new ones and used one will probably be battered. I wonder if that set comes with fixings .... ill email them.

Chris
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Chris

The washer base plate is a seperate item from the jet stalk though I doubt that citroen sell them seperately.
I have managed to repair all but one of the ones that I have pulled apart.
Covers were available quite recently but down this way you needed the part number to tell the dealers man what to order.
Hallidays are worth speaking to on the phone (Gerry). They had a ebay adv a short while ago offering to order up any Citroen parts.
They have accepted quite good best offers from me. It is also possible that the washer and cover from the breaker is good enough to use.

John

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:34 am

Gerry is a great guy to deal with.

I bought a brand new towbar from him on e-bay.

Going back to these washer covers, I still have both of mine thankfully, and would like to avoid loosing them, have any of you screwed or glued them in place? I was thinking of screwing mine on. Drilling a hole between the 2 jets, and countersinking a screw in there.

Robert
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:48 pm

I recieved the gearknob from Ian the other day, its made a big improvement to the interior and is much nicer to use than the old one which fell apart as i took it off. Thanks Ian :D

I have tried to get the washer unit from Citroen but they either couldnt find it or were not listing it. Might need to take in the part number.

Still need a replacement side light unit too.

I had a treck the other weekend down to a little Citroen place i have often visited in the past for some obscure spares. Ive had quite a few parts from him over the past few years for various Citroens. However on my arrival the garage was no longer trading and all of the old Citroens which had accumulated had vanished. Shame really as it was a handy little place and seemed to do good business.

I got a reply back from WHM about the washer unit and sidelight unit but apparently they have all gone, i thought they had loads for breaking? Probably too insignificant to bother with i guess. Matters to me though, my search continues ...

Chris
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75