WOW

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Re: WOW

Post by citroenmad » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:38 pm

The red estate is far too high price for a 138K mile n reg Xm. Its just too much, although it does look very nice i must say. Nice to know what ours would look like with the wobby wbes on 8-)

The silver hatch i think is slightly over priced, although there are people out there paying a little bit more for a very good Xm it would seem. Just look at WHM, i know we often think they are over priced but they do seem to sell, and are usually very good cars and good spec too. Id like to know where he finds them all!

It sure the hatch will sell, might take a while but its worth a lot more than the £1500 it managed to reach on ebay. Our 33K mile 94 SX sold for quite a bit more than that, so id asume this to be a lot more. Probably not its asking price but Xm prices are quite random at times.

Its probably the newest Xm available, good spec, excellent condition and a low mileage. 8-)

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:09 pm

Random prices seem to be plucked out of thin air. I seem to recall some of the panels didn't
colour match particularly well in the ebay auction.

Andrew

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Maybe a scrubbed up car then, only viewing will tell i guess.

Still there is one excellent thing about these high price Xms ... They are probably a long way from ever being considered to be broken for bits :D

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Post by onthecut » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:28 am

citroenmad wrote:

It sure the hatch will sell, might take a while but its worth a lot more than the £1500 it managed to reach on ebay.

Its probably the newest Xm available, good spec, excellent condition and a low mileage. 8-)

Chris.
Sorry -- don't see this line of thinking. Looking at the listing, there were five bidders for the car. Given that most XM now struggle to rise above the very low hundreds, it's a fair indication they were serious, given it went to four figures. I think therefore, the price it made is probably a very fair reflection of what it is 'worth' when serious prospective buyers are about.
One of the difficulties I see with it is that while the mileage is low-ish by the standards of annual averages, I don't think it is 'low' in absolute collector terms. The real gems are those (of which there will be one or two somewhere) tucked in a garage with, say, under 20k on the clock -- the ones that still smell new. At 58k, you only have to use it a little for it to become a very unremarkable car. I also think, over time, it's the bigger engined, fully specced cars that appreciate first, with the more standard versions lagging behind. To look on this as a £3k plus investment , you would have to be taking a very long view indeed, plus barely use it at all.
No doubt the XM will become collectable, but for an investment one, I think the bar will be a lot higher than this one. We are now at a point where DS make money, in good order, but it's the ragtop ones and the SM that will line your pocket if you have a nice one.

Mike.

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:07 am

I see your point, but I wasnt talking in terms of investment or what it might be worth in years to come. You buy cars for now and to use surely.

So while i agree its asking price is way off, i think £1500 is abit too cheap for it.

Seems a bargain for an X reg car with a good spec and reasonably low mileage. Just think what that money (£1500) would get you elsewhere? A high mileage C5? A 51 reg Mundaneo? Though im well aware Xms can not be compared to anything else price wise, this is why i always think they are bargains :roll:

My view of course :roll: We're all different :)

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

red_dwarfers
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by red_dwarfers » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:38 pm

While reading Roger's advert, I could hear him reading it out in my mind :lol: A memorable character he is :D
'07 C5 2.0 16v HDI VTR estate
'81 GSA 1.3 Club

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:37 pm

We were talking to him at the national, he certainly has high regards for V6 Xantias, his is a fantastic colour too.

Wasnt as keen on Xms as i remember but i do agree with his views on C5s. Nice chap

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75