One for citroenxm?

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
bitonthesidexm
Knows how to use the parking brake

One for citroenxm?

Post by bitonthesidexm » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:00 am

1994 XM Turbo Onyx in black.

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: One for citroenxm?

Post by andmcit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:24 am

Bloody hell - I'm not reading that!! :o My eyes hurt... :?

FFS - what's wrong with a bit of formatting and the caps lock off!!

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 am

CITROEN XM 3.0 V6 SEI - BLACK WITH MATCHING FULL BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR.

UNIQUE CAR I HAVE OWNED FOR 16 YEARS SO WHY AM I SELLING? IT HAS DEVELOPED A FAULT WHERE THE ENGINE LOSES POWER AND CUTS OUT.
THEREAFTER THE CAR CAN BE DIFFICULT TO RESTART.

MY LOCAL CITROEN DEALER HAS TRIED TO FIX IT AT NO LITTLE EXPENSE (ALL ELECTRICS CHECKED, REPLACED IGNITION COIL, MODULE ROTOR ARM
AND DISTRIBUTOR PLUS A NEW BATTERY) BUT THE FAULT REMAINS. THEY FEEL IT MAY BE THE ENGINE CONTROL UNIT BUT I COULD NOT GUARANTEE
THIS IS WHERE THE FAULT LIES.

SINCE I HAVE RARELY DRIVEN THE CAR IN RECENT YEARS I CANNOT JUSTIFY SPENDING MORE TIME AND MONEY ON IT SO, SADLY, IT IS TIME FOR US
TO PART COMPANY. BIDDERS SHOULD NOTE THAT IT WOULD REQUIRE TO BE LOADED ON A TRAILER TO TAKE AWAY SO LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. THIS
WOULD BE THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY AND THE COST WOULD HAVE TO BE MET BY THE BUYER.

IT WAS ORIGINALLY REGISTERED AS A CITROEN UK CAR IN SEPT. 92 THEN BOUGHT BY MY LOCAL CITROEN DEALER (THESE ARE THE TWO REGISTERED
PREVIOUS OWNERS) AND I BOUGHT IT IN 1993 AND I HAVE OWNED IT SINCE. IT HAS A FULL SERVICE HISTORY AND BEEN SERVICED AND MAINTAINED BY
THE SUPPLYING CITROEN DEALER.

IT IS UNIQUE BECAUSE OF THE FACELIFT I GAVE IT IN 1998. THIS INVOLVED FITTING A FULL CITROEN BODYKIT, REPLACEMENT SPOKE ALLOYS, A MARK 2
FRONT GRILLE AND A HIGH LEVEL BRAKE LIGHT. ALL THE WORK WAS CARRIED OUT PROFESSIONALLY BY THE CITROEN DEALER. THE ALLOYS WERE
POWDER COATED BY A LOCAL ENGINEERING FIRM IN RECENT YEARS AND LOOK LIKE NEW. IN AUGUST 2006 THE MAJOR JOB OF REPLACING THE FRONT
SUSPENSION STRUT MOUNTINGS WAS UNDERTAKEN AND A NEW CENTRAL LOCKING TRANSMITTER AND RECEIVER FITTED. THE HEATER MATRIX WAS ALSO
REPLACED.

I TOOK THE CAR OFF THE ROAD IN DECEMBER 2006 (MY NEW C6 ARRIVED) AND IT WAS GARAGED UNTIL OCTOBER 08 WHEN IT WAS SERVICED, MOTD
AND THE FRONT AND REAR DISC PADS REPLACED. THE CAR SITS ON MATCHING CONTINENTAL TYRES. THE CAR HAS A CD MULICHANGER ALTHOUGH THE
HOST RADIO CASSETTE CAN BE A BIT TEMPERAMENTAL AND THE SPEAKERS GO DEAD ON ONE SIDE FROM TIME TO TIME. THE AIR CON IS NOT WORKING
ALTHOUGH A NEW HIGH PRESSURE SERVICE CONNECTOR HAS BEEN FITTED, THE DOOR LOCKS HAVE SEIZED, THERE CAN BE A SLIGHT LEAK FROM THE
SUNROOF IF WATER IS LYING ON IT. THERE IS A SEAL ON THE RETURN SIDE OF THE SUSPENSION WHICH HAS DEFIED FIXING SO THERE IS A SMALL LEAK
OF LHM WHICH I HAVE LIVED WITH FOR A LONG TIME.

THE BODYWORK HAS BEEN LOOKED AFTER EG I NEVER LET STONE CHIPS PEPPER IT AND THE BONNET HAS BEEN PAINTED THREE TIMES. HAVING SAID
THAT THE CAR IS 16 YEARS OLD AND HAS A FEW MINOR MARKS BUT GIVEN A POLISH UP WILL STILL TURN HEADS. THE LID OVER THE IGNITION KEY PAD
IS SNAPPED (I HAVE GONE THROUGH FOUR OF THEM OVER THE YEARS!)

THE CAR HAS LOTS OF DOCUMENTATION THE ORIGINAL HANDBOOK AND EVEN THE ORIGINAL "HOW TO CARE FOR" CASSETTE. I HAVE DESCRIBED ITS
HISTORY AND CONDITION AS HONESTLY AS I CAN. HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. IT CAN BE VIEWED BY ARRANGEMENT. THERE IS NO RESERVE.

THE WINNER CAN PAY A 20% DEPOSIT ON WINNING THE AUCTION AND THE BALANCE WHEN THE CAR IS COLLECTED. UNFORTUNATELY I CANNOT GET
ANY PICTURES LOADED AT THE MOMENT BUT WILL TRY TO REMEDY THIS IN THE COURSE OF THE AUCTION
I wish there was an anti caps lock filter but at least it's easier on the eyes now.

Andrew

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:52 am

Drrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllll

Thanks chris... for you maybee???

Id love her to bits, but got a Green one here to go first before she came here...

Mind, this is nice too!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/citreon-xm-sport- ... 286.c0.m14

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 am

Now've Ive read it...

Theyve changed everything? Coil, rotor, dizzy, module? I wonder if they thought about the flywheel pickup sensor on top of the gearbox??

Id fix her, got 3 bloody engines here to do it with :lol:

Anyone want a Green K reg 1993 V6 ON LPG with 6 months MOT? but needs some body TLC and the rear anti roll bar seeing too???

Paul

Others

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:59 am

This is the twin for jorgy's as it's just "down the road" from him? ;)

Paul, that green one - how much? :roll: :lol:

Andrew

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Andrew! you dont want her really, shes looking a poor state, :oops:

But drives, starts, and MOT'd..

paul

Others

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:57 pm

So it starts and drives then power dwindles away and it dies..............could it be fuel filter time............would be a nice car for the money if it is, mind you if it went to you Paul if it was the ECU im sure you would find that an easier fix :D

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

bitonthesidexm

Post by bitonthesidexm » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:13 pm

citroenxm wrote:Now've Ive read it...

Theyve changed everything? Coil, rotor, dizzy, module? I wonder if they thought about the flywheel pickup sensor on top of the gearbox??

Id fix her, got 3 bloody engines here to do it with :lol:

Anyone want a Green K reg 1993 V6 ON LPG with 6 months MOT? but needs some body TLC and the rear anti roll bar seeing too???

Paul
That's why I thought it might do for you - he's changed most things already!

bitonthesidexm

Post by bitonthesidexm » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:31 pm

citroenxm wrote:Drrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllll

Thanks chris... for you maybee???

Id love her to bits, but got a Green one here to go first before she came here...

Mind, this is nice too!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/citreon-xm-sport- ... 286.c0.m14

Paul
Not for me Paul. Wouldn't know where to start with it!
I really fancied that V6 xantia of David's but I want an XM! The one's that keep appearing are always sodding miles away from me! And work still hasn't materialised and probably won't for at least another month so I keep looking and then changing my mind. I'll get one in the end - I promise! :lol: