One for Jorgy!! And me... :?

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
andmcit
XM Guru

One for Jorgy!! And me... :?

Post by andmcit » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:55 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-XM-SEI-GR ... 0375134692

Manufacturer: Citroen
Colour: Grey
Model: XM
Engine Size: 1,998 cc
Mileage: 47255
Seats: 5
Doors: 5
MOT Expiry: Nov 2010
Model Year: 1992
Drive Side: --
Reg. Date: 28 Sep 1992
Road Tax: Jun 2010
Reg. Mark: K*** ***
Exterior: Alloy Wheels, Catalytic Converter, Rear Spoiler
Previous Owners: 3
V5 Document: Present
Transmission: Manual
Fuel: Petrol
Interior/Comfort Options: Air Conditioning, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Windows, Sunroof, Tilt Steering Wheel
Safety Features: Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Immobiliser, Rear seat belts
Welcome to my auction

Here we have a classic 1992 Citroen XM SE. This car is showing just over 47,000 miles with a couple of old MOT's but, unfortunately, no service history as, somewhere along the line, it has been misplaced. The car comes with MOT until Nov 2010 and TAX until June 2010. There has just been a complete new exhaust system fitted so, this classic is ready to roll !! As you can see from the photos, this car is a nice example for its year. The car has full leather, full electric pack, privacy blinds, air con and lots more but, unfortunately, no stereo ! There is no reserve so, come and grab yourself a real bargain

Thank you for your time and Happy Bidding

Buyer to collect with cash on collection please

Anyone with zero feedback must make contact before placing a bid, otherwise your bid will be removed

Remember, you are bidding to buy, not to view

This car is advertised elsewhere so, I have the right to remove
Could go ballistic in value with that mileage. I'd LOVE this myself
- watch out here comes Robert now... :lol:

I was just posting elsewhere yesterday that I love this metallic grey colour on an Xm being broken too!!
Will be interesting to watch!!

£250 or £2500? :? :lol:

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean
Global Moderator

Re: One for Jorgy!! And me... :?

Post by Dean » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:07 pm

And we have a bidder already, nice car Andrew no doubt about that.
Price wise?...................£800 i think

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:14 pm

It's probably George bidding already and hoping nobody would comment on it
- I'd only mentioned it as it's so newly listed but had noticed a bidder - nothing
get's missed on the forums mind so it was going to crop up sooner or later. It's
a dead ringer for my KYAC when I got it in terms of mileage condition etc so
I'd expect strong money. Is this a straight 2.0i though - no CT badges and it is
advertised as an SEi?

Andrew

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:21 pm

I dont think it being an N/A or turbo will make any difference to the 'collector' lack of history will though, without it how do you prove the low miles? of course the overall condition will tell you but its nice to have the service book.
im not too sure it will go for more than 800, £1000 max but it depends who and how many people want it and how badly, i would love to see it make £1500 mind, its no money at all for such a nice car and it may show prices are rising, would look good on my drive next to the prestige though wouldnt it 8-)

D

Addicted to Crackanory

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Dean wrote:would look good on my drive next to the prestige though wouldnt it 8-)
Ditto! Nice to see a good car pop up now and then - I have to say it's probably on ebay as this
will be the only place in the country after AutoTrader where an informed enthusiast audience
who will value and appreciate it will pay the money - I've looked for his "advertised elsewhere"
and drawn a blank but would love to know.

Think I'll ask the seller what price he has it advertised for to call his bluff! :lol:

Andrew

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:40 pm

i had a quick search in the usual places to try and find what sort of price he was looking for but drew a blank too Andrew.
And yes it is nice to see, of course its going to have a few little niggles but all in all the photo's paint a rosey picture.

D

Addicted to Crackanory

XMX
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by XMX » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:55 pm

andmcit wrote:I've looked for his "advertised elsewhere" and drawn a blank but would love to know.
Think I'll ask the seller what price he has it advertised for to call his bluff! :lol:
Andrew
Why don't you just do that by asking them that !
Thr'o 'Ask Seller A Question' and state that you'd like to deal the "Advertised Elsewhere" method if the price is acceptable (I did this once and the advertised elsewhere were just colleagues from the golf club "Word of mouth") :roll:

Although the seller has blanked off the Registration plates with 'FOR SALE' plates which seem to held on with some sort of tape (So who has these sort plates at home I don't) are they a trader ?
But as they have a photo shot of the Tax disc the reg. shows up as K112 CJH which gives the following info on the DVLA vehicle enquiry :-
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The vehicle details for K112 CJH are:
Date of Liability 01 07 2010
Date of First Registration 28 09 1992
Year of Manufacture 1992
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour GREY
Vehicle Type Approval null
This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £104.50
12 Months Rate £190.00
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The seller has also just SOLD a van for a friend with no Reserve starting @ 99p (But they can always get a friend or two to push the bidding up with the dreaded Private listing that E-Bay works in so only the seller sees who's really bidding) but feedback shows as 100% :!:
But as Andrew has already stated, its a fine example which could get strong money especially being a manual and only 47,255 miles :D
An XM if for life, (Not just for Christmas) !

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 pm

WHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTT!! :o :o

K112 CJH - I missed the tax disc - well spotted there XMX.
I already have K246 CJH and K119 CJH!! These were a good batch. :D
I'm starting to sound like Peter.N collecting a "set".

Yes, I've asked the seller for a few more details and a price.

Andrew

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Right,

That is a smashing looking XM. And one that interests me greatly since this car has 10k more on the clock than mine.

It is a shame that it has no history, and agree with Dean's comments on this. Mine thankfully has every MOT, most tax discs, full service history, and original bill of sale.

I bet the car will be withdrawn from e-bay pretty quickly, and we won't see what it ends at. In terms of value, I think the car should go for over the £1500. Remeber that K reg Premiere that sold for near a grand!! And Verytallbrad's car that is at the other end of the spectrum, being a nice low mileage late car, that went for £1400. I wouldn't read anything into the For Sale number plate, its the same one that is stuck on each end depending on the photos
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Hang on, does anyone remember the member that signed up after he bought what i thought was the leaning grey MK1 with the mk2 badge on the back?....the same has this has and the leaking r/h display that this one has too.................
Too similar dont you think? will see if i can find some posts....

D

Addicted to Crackanory