Didital aircon panel

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
XMV6 sadist
Can find the S1 radio

Re: Didital aircon panel

Post by XMV6 sadist » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi Everyone

With George's help I'm part way to having fully functioning A/C climate control. With the new panel all the contols are now working, with the AC blowing cold. However the only thing that doesn't seem to be sorted are the fans which are stuck on blowing quite hard. Any ideas where I need to look next to sort out the fans?

Cheers

Tony

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi Tony

Full blow only can be caused by defective transistors on the heater fan.

John

terry g
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by terry g » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 am

worth trying the transistors that controle the fan itself, on the fan body itself, they go short circuit, full speed fan, see if you can borrow a fan, to try they come out easy enugh, passenger footwell , three scews? i think ,also i think S1,andS2 are swappable,

XMV6 sadist
Can find the S1 radio

Post by XMV6 sadist » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi All

Many thanks for your replies. Very helpful as usual. It looks like I need to check out further parts of the aircon system.

Hence it looks like I need to either purchase or loan a 1. Fan (to check the possible blown ones on mine) 2. Bitron box 3. relays (under slam panel and inside next to the fuse box).

If anyone has these items for sale / loan I would be grateful to hear from you.

As you can imagine having a black car with a black leather interior is great until the aircon stops working in the height of the summer!

Cheers

Tony