Didital aircon panel

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
XMV6 sadist
Can find the S1 radio

Didital aircon panel

Post by XMV6 sadist » Fri May 01, 2009 9:40 am

Hi

It looks like the digital aircon panel in my XM has given up the ghost (fans are stuck on). Anyone got a spare one for sale?

Or maybe thoughts if you don't think it's the aircon panel.

Cheers

Tony

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Re: Didital aircon panel

Post by onthecut » Fri May 01, 2009 10:23 am

Hi Tony.

Not my scene, electrics, but surely the control panel itself doesn't handle the full fan current, in which case, might it be a stuck relay further down the line ---- or a temperature sensor gone, so the sytem is trying to work to achieve a fictional result ? If it is the panel, someone has had one on Ebay recently -- don't know if it's still on.

Mike.

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Fri May 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi Tony

Pleased to see you have found out where we were hiding. The A/C panel on ebay was by a seller in Chesterfield breaking a Maroon/tan trim 2.5TD exclusive. Still think he has some bits up now, will check and post the details. He wanted a extortionate £50 plus p&p for the panel. If you have still not got one in a week or so then I will be back home and can look out a working spare. Not keen on selling but it might be worth trying a panel swap with one of my cars. If the fault stays put at least you would know to look elsewhere for the fault.

Regards

John

Ken Newbold
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by Ken Newbold » Fri May 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Is it for an S1 or S2 car?

XMV6 sadist
Can find the S1 radio

Post by XMV6 sadist » Fri May 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi John

Everything disappeared from the old list but I found where you were hiding! I agree with Mike that it could probably be a relay however the control panel has always had a mind of it's own in our car. Hence I'd like to take up your offer John to have a loan panel to see if this helps to locate the fault.

Cheers

Tony

XMV6 sadist
Can find the S1 radio

Post by XMV6 sadist » Fri May 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Ken

S2

AlanN
Can find the S1 radio
Location: Wirral (N West England-across the Mersey from Liverpool)

Post by AlanN » Fri May 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi all-I found you too-with a little help from a friend! I emails the ebay seller in Chesterfield and got no response-my digital display has a mind of its own too and I thought a replacement might be in order.

Good luck with tracking down your fault or replacement .

Alan.
1995 XM 2.1TD auto Exclusive
1999 Xantia HDi Exclusive

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Fri May 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi Gents

Always worth having a check of the cabin temp sensor in the roof console for fluff buildup/functionality, if its duff it will make the fan go mental but will give either hot or cold air constantly on auto setting as it tries to counter the false reading, switching to manual would overide this though.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Fri May 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi All

Just to say that it is only the plastic trim shell that is different between the Mk1 and Mk2 versions of these aircon panels. The internal electronics and connecting sockets are identical so you can use a Mk1 one to check out functionality in a Mk2 car. Just have to leave it hanging loose on the wiring. I seem to remember that you can even swop the outer shells.

John

normantilbury
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by normantilbury » Sat May 02, 2009 7:05 am

Hi, Having just gone through the same thing myself see my thread http://www.club-xm.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49 it might help. you could try disconnecting the digital panel all it does is tell the bitron box to turn both fans on full speed. the bitron box or (temp control module) on mine is located above the accelerator pedal and held in place with 1 screw and a rather strange quick release catch.

Regards.
Norman
98 Xm Vsx 2.1 Td Silver Estate RP 7548
Located in Lindley, Huddersfield HD3 3LX