Nose cone wanted

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
Regdorpten
Knows how to use the parking brake

Nose cone wanted

Post by Regdorpten » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Does anybody have a spare S2 nose cone to sell? Preferably dark green.

Matt
1994 S2 CT auto hatch green Exclusive, SE London.

Kit

Re: Nose cone wanted

Post by Kit » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Xm Emerald green, breaking on Ebay, County Antrim. Listing finished last week but you can find it by putting the item number 160380051548 in the ebay search box. If this does not work I could reply to a message he sent me whilst the listing was active. Kit
'95 2.1td manual VSX Estate Silver rp6791
'95 2.1td manual VSX Estate Green rp6769 sorn

bobhalliday
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by bobhalliday » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Regdorpten wrote:Does anybody have a spare S2 nose cone to sell? Preferably dark green.

Matt

Hi Matt.
I'm in contact with the Emerald Green XM seller in Ballymena. I'm looking for rear suspension bits and I did mention you were looking for a nose cone. Problem is he is in Ballymena but I'm waiting to hear what he has to say and I'll let you know what the outcome is. Don't worry, I've made no commitments yet.
Bob.
1996 Admiral Blue XM from New RP6612 N***YBL
1992 Green XM estate as stand-by. RP5623
We are all Falkirk 'Bairns'

I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but it's an express train coming this way!!!!
--

Gone, but never forgotten.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:14 pm

What are you after BOB??

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

bobhalliday

Post by bobhalliday » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:08 pm

citroenxm wrote:What are you after BOB??

Paul
Hi Paul,
I'm not quite sure of what I need but was trying to source cheap, one height corrector, one rear cylinder, and two rear swing arms from a bendix ABS system Estate, all of these in repairable condition so that I can do them up and change out with mine on the XM Estate I have. I still get a bit of 'crashiness' while driving over bumps and I can't find why. So many other bit's going down I can't get to give it a real check over, especially the swing arms, but when I did have a cursery check there was no play at the pivot bolt at all.
The gentleman in Antrim said the rear sub is rotten, that's why he scrapped it, but he admits to being no mechanic, and slooooow! I'm still waiting for word back from him, and explained I only want these bits off it.
I tried to buy a complete rear suspension from a guy in Leicester but he wouldn't sell it as he needed to get the estate to the scrappy, it was supposed to be a real good one?
Isn't it GREEEAAAT to be back in th Forum! Cheer's Ciaran! :D
Bob

I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but it's an express train coming this way!!!!
--

Regdorpten

Post by Regdorpten » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks Kit/Bob,

I contacted him and fingers corssed the nose cone is on its way. Pretty badly stone chipped though - has anybody used those stone chip pens from Halfords?

In the meantime, I bought a brand new S1 nose cone on ebay for peanuts; funnily enough also in Antrime, but no same seller. I'm selling it now, so have put a new posting on sales and wants.

Matt
1994 S2 CT auto hatch green Exclusive, SE London.

stuart1298

Post by stuart1298 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi there, i have a s1 nose cone, not sure what the difference is, got most of the car left, as i'm stripping it, it a saloon so not sure if the rear end parts are any good for you, let me know if its of any use

Stu

bobhalliday

Post by bobhalliday » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:50 pm

stuart1298 wrote:Hi there, i have a s1 nose cone, not sure what the difference is, got most of the car left, as i'm stripping it, it a saloon so not sure if the rear end parts are any good for you, let me know if its of any use

Stu

Hi Stuart.
My XM Estate is a 1996 S2. The rear suspension hydraulic units are the same for an estate, as are the height correctors but NOT the swing arms, and I don't need the Sphere that is attached to the suspension unit. I'm sure that both the suspension units are the same for either side of the estate and saloons too, but if I'm wrong someone more knowledgable on the forum will put me right.
I want to service and repair these units and replace mine with them hoping to get the old XM ride back to normal.
Bob.

--

stuart1298

Post by stuart1298 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:56 pm

I have a Citroen look up system at work, i can check the part numbers and cross refrences if its any use, jus need your reg, but i might not be looking at the exact part, i can also get a copy of the diagram if its any use to you and you can point out what it is you need, unless i;m reading it al wrong, sorry dyslexia and general stupidy kicks in a lot

Stu

bobhalliday

Post by bobhalliday » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi Stu.
The number for the rear height corrector is 5291 12. I've attached a PDF file showing the suspension units, the bit the rear sphere screws into. Haynes have a bit on removal, if you need a copy I'll send you one, I should only need one but the more the merrier. My car is an Estate S2 1996 and the reg is N477YBL. Hope all this helps. PM me if you need to, even to let me know your whereabouts.
Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

--