5x spheres Lizarte new old stock

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
CJS
Knows how to use the parking brake

5x spheres Lizarte new old stock

Post by CJS » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Now I don't have any XMs, not much point having spheres stored in the house.

2013 from French supplier sphere-discount.com I bought a full set of 8 for the now scrapped 2.5 estate. When it turned out I had bought a rusting money pit, I put the 2x front struts and rear centre onto the much loved, now scrapped V6 estate. Leaving 5x new Lizarte spheres unfitted.

I recall a lecture (1992?) in Enfield by Pleaides' Peter where I really bought into the 3 or 4 year replacement rule. BX at the time, followed by XM in 1994 but once I started running two XMs in 2001 it made more financial sense to change spheres on feel. I never got round to making a sphere tester, so these 5x spheres may all now be flat. Although Google's just given me something from Noz' old site where he explains why a sphere off the car has good shelf life. Although I did have a couple of flat Amtex from GSF once, and a flat accumulator from Citroen Hammersmith so I wasn't too worried going with Lizarte as they all seem to have issues. Appreciate some don't like Lizarte.

Are these 5x spheres useful to anybody? Minimum pay for a cheap courier, something for them would be nice if they're not all flat. If you've got a sphere tester then check them before funds. Seems a shame to go straight from factory to scrap.

I did get into the Lizarte numbering system at the time, I believe these were right for an estate. All numbers 20.00.00 followed by

03 Accumulator date stamp 06/13
46 Antisink 05/13
85 Front centre 07/13
88 Rear 01/12 (2 off)

Chris

rosspa
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: 5x spheres Lizarte new old stock

Post by rosspa » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Are these still available, if so so send me prices.