Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Spotted an XM (or bits of one :() at the scrapyard? Post in here.
messerschmitt owner
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Post by messerschmitt owner » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Dieselman (Will) made me go look at an XM last night.

It is a 2.0 Exclusive petrol which has reached the end of its life thanks to a serious lack of care in the past few years. It is a hatch, petrol and will be scrapped once a few things come off it.

Has an OK leather upholstery (not perfect, but OK), door cards are variable. Engine starts and goes smoothly but it is rather devoid of oil and the coolant is rusty as a rusty thing. One sill is knackered. It is dark greyish in colour. SLight car park damage on one front wing (nearside) but doors and hatch are OK. Driver's door window dropped and passenger side rear going that way.

The following are already gone/spoken for:

Alloys plus bolts
Spare wheel & jack
Sunroof motor/cover, etc.
Owner’s handbook
Blanking switches on doors for electric window switches
Boot carpet

Front suspension strut tops
Hydraulic pump, pressure regulator and connecting pipe
Parcel shelf
Rear inner glass window

Bearing in mind, I have to remove things, is there anything that is easy to remove that anyone would like me to try to get off. It won't be free but won't be horrendously expensive. There is a limited time window to remove things before it goes over the bridge (i.e., Sunday)

PM me with requests and I will do my best.
Image[/url]
IMG_0865 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Post by andmcit » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:15 pm

A s1 won't be an Exclusive - this is an SEi!

Just to confirm it's paintcode IS ENT not ETW? I do really need blue grey panelwork
for a couple of mine and this does sound right for the reg/age.

Andrew

messerschmitt owner

Post by messerschmitt owner » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Image[/url]

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:50 pm

The paint code is definitely ENTcR as read off the car and it is indeed the Sei mentioned previously.

If it was a diesel I would save it, but sadly it isn't.

Thanks to Campbell for going and looking at it to properly assess it.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:55 pm

That's not the ETW colour I want and it's not Cobalt Blue either but it's better than that!!!
It's the colour of my 24v v6!! I'd be keen to rescue as much of the bodywork panels as possible.
Even the minor prang on the wing isn't insurmountable with such a rare Xm colour.

I've a mind to say this is the car Jorgy was less than impressed by in Stratford earlier in the year.
Remember that scenario...

So how does this work, I don't fancy copping the full £200 of the car for these?

Andrew

messerschmitt owner

Post by messerschmitt owner » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:01 pm

andmcit wrote:That's not the ETW colour I want and it's not Cobalt Blue either but it's better than that!!!
It's the colour of my 24v v6!! I'd be keen to rescue as much of the bodywork panels as possible.
Even the minor prang on the wing isn't insurmountable with such a rare Xm colour.

I've a mind to say this is the car Jorgy was less than impressed by in Stratford earlier in the year.
Remember that scenario...

So how does this work, I don't fancy copping the full £200 of the car for these?

Andrew
Andrew

the list above is what Will and I want -we would take more if there was more time - I am already budgeting £100 for what I want. The whole car is for sale but I have no place to put it to scrap it - with a day insurance policy (£17) it is road legal but needs to go somewhere to be dismantled. I think, if there is space within the Gloucester area to put it for a week, I would happily dismantle what I can in that period so it goes as an empty-ish shell rather than as a car with a few bits taken off it and then scrapped. There are lots of OK bits, even for me as an S2 owner, but I have nowhere to dismantle it - the car population at home has spilled onto the street and won't be reduced for a month or so.

If we find somewhere to strip it, I'm happy to chip in money for the bits I want, Will will chip in for what he wants and so on. Stripping the shell of panels will take a chunk of a day and two people. Taking the above is half a day of hard work.
Last edited by messerschmitt owner on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/url]

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:08 pm

andmcit wrote:That's not the ETW colour I want and it's not Cobalt Blue either but it's better than that!!!
I
The service book says it's EMQ Memphis Blue, but the car says it's ENTcR Cobalt Blue, which looking at it I think it is.
The colour you said you wanted was ETW Mercury grey.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:19 pm

True, no means a dig at you Will! I never expected to see another Xm for spares in this colour so didntgive it a thought...

My 24v definitely needs the wings as spares as they have some damage inflicted on them so better to have option of more when it comes to repair. I couldn't care for the leather door cards but could easily remove the whole door faster in one piece than try taking the cards off!!! I'd love the ashtray radio covers as my 24v is broken on the hinge.

Are you taking the car apart tomorrow? Where exactly is it?

Andrew

messerschmitt owner

Post by messerschmitt owner » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Andrew, sent you a PM.
I am going Sunday (am off to Cornwall tomorrow) to see what I can remove then but to take everything you need will take a day of two people - and the only sensible option is to buy the entire car and dismantle at leisure.But as I said in the PM I have no storage here for the entire car.

The engine is I doubt savable - the block is rusty and the engine has barely any oil.

The dash looks good, the leather interior looks OK, it does have drooping windows, and it has lots of decent ancillaries.
Image[/url]

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:44 pm

I missed your pm :oops:

Will reply properly asap

<<EDIT>> updated:

I got totally and utterly soaked through to the skin a few weeks ago in a nasty thunder/lighting storm
where I may as well have stood fully clothed in the shower as I'd be drier. Unfortunately, my iPhone
didn't fare very well and now has no backlight - shame as it's only a few weeks old but water damage
isn't covered by the warranty and I didn't take insurance costing almost as much as the contract. At
best I'm guessing what some messages/posts show online when it gets dark and I'm out and about. :(

I am totally confident the x4 doors, bonnet, nosecone and hatch will come off in very short shrift but
the most needed items being the wings may put up a struggle or only take 30 minutes. :? I could see
the car any time over this weekend and I'm guessing as it's in a yard any bits can be removed in any
order?

Personally, as the engine will be scrapped anyhow I'd chuck some oil and flush some water through
and drive it to it's last resting place to maximise removed items but don't have the space and see
little point driving it further westwards!

Andrew