Me and my Xm

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
geoffxm
XM newbie

Me and my Xm

Post by geoffxm » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:18 pm

This is my second Xm, my first was a series 1 which suffered none of the problems we are now told blighted almost every series 1 off the production line! I have also owned, a GS Pallas, BX's (Diesel and petrol) and various Xantia's, again, both Diesel and petrol. My last car before my current Series 2 Xm was a C5 2.2 HDI ( 2001 Reg ) a lovely car to drive, but the onboard computer gave me one warning to many regarding yet another "disaster about to happen" and so my rather short ownership came to an end when I was made an offer I couldn't refuse from someone who liked the car and was happy to take her on! I am lucky in that I run my own very small and very part-time ( one/two days a week ) used car business, and my main supplier of nice used cars happens to be a Citroen main dealer a few miles away, and knowing of my fondness for all things Citroen, he mentioned he had an Xm coming in and would I be interested, I said yes, sight unseen. It turned out to be a nice 1999 'S' plate, two owners from new with the last owner keeping the car for 7 years before part ex-ing it for a used C5 !!. It had a file an detailing all the general work carried out, plus a fully stamped service book, from pdi thru to Dec 2009, plus all the old MOT's, there was even a receipt for their original part-exchage which just happened to be another XM, a series 1, so I knew this car had come from a knowing and loving home,and with just 80k on the clock I was delighted to take her for a test drive..........after which a deal was done. One cam belt change later ( the one thing that had not been done and was over due ) for my peace of mind, I knew this was a car to keep and not sell-on. I have replaced one ABS wheel sensor (that put the warning light off on the dash ) new plugs and oil. Thats it ! What a pleasure to get back into a proper car again. And one year on I'm still enjoying the car above all the other cars that go thru' my hands. She went thru her most recent MOT in December 2009 with a pass and no advisories, again testament to her previous owners care and attention. It really is a great car.
P1020288.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by geoffxm on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dean
Global Moderator

Re: Me and my Xm

Post by Dean » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi Geoff

It does look like a very tidy example, hope it serves you well ;)
And welcome to CXM

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Geoff

Welcome to the club, there is nothing like an XM, I have run them exclusivly for about 13 years, I have recently bought a BMW 5 series, nice to drive but not a patch on the XM for comfort and about half the internal space. I have two and a half XM estates, one I drive, one my son drives and the half is the spares dept following a slight coming together with a bus shelter when my wife was driving it last year.

Enjoy

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:05 pm

slight coming together with a bus shelter
when you put it like that it sounds like an easy repair :lol: