Some updated pics of my xm.

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
simonxm21
Knows how to use the parking brake

Some updated pics of my xm.

Post by simonxm21 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi all, Here are some fresh pics of my xm. i've now decided to call her Rene as i have Ernie the Volvo too! lol
I took this for a blast up the motorway to blow some cobwebs out in the early hours of this morning after my night shift and have to say very impressed so stable and smooth over the legal limit!!

Just to note that my wheel trim valve covers are sticking out due to the previous owner having tyres fitted with the long tyre valves.

Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My previous Citroen's:
93' XM 2.1 turdo D manual saloon,
BX 19RD estate x2,
Visa 17RD,
AX 1.0 highlight,
BX 14 preview,
DTR turbo saloon,
AX 11RE,
Xantia 2.0i LX,
Xsara vtr coupe (bug eye)
BX 17txd turbo saloon.

MTXM
Citroen God!

Re: Some updated pics of my xm.

Post by MTXM » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Once again very nice clean looking car Simon! Just a couple of small thing I noticed, which are that the wing badges are missing and respraying the metal spars on the doors always makes a big difference (satin black). Hope to see you and the car at a CCC rally sometime, like the National near Peterborough next weekend!! With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

simonxm21

Post by simonxm21 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm

MTXM wrote:Once again very nice clean looking car Simon! Just a couple of small thing I noticed, which are that the wing badges are missing and respraying the metal spars on the doors always makes a big difference (satin black). Hope to see you and the car at a CCC rally sometime, like the National near Peterborough next weekend!! With regards, Matthew T.
thanks matt, ah yes good spot!, there is one missing as that wing got replaced as with the bumper back in 2001 due to a bump the last owner had of which i have all the bills relating to this in the service history. i also have a what looks like a Russian Citroen dealer invoice for some work it had too.

And your right the chrome strips in satin black look very good I've seen them on that white xm that's floating around the internet!

I want the clear side repeater from eBay from Germany which are the same as my amber ones, you may of noticed i've de-locked my front doors but still can gain access via the boot if my blip fails!

I'd love to make the CCC national, as I've been a few times with the bxclub.co.uk and enjoyed it, as always though funds are permitting at the moment due to the light at the end of my debt tunnel is in sight so I'm abit skint for a few months. although I'm hoping to make the cxm gsa rally in little horwood in September?

cheers.
My previous Citroen's:
BX 19RD estate x2,
Visa 17RD,
AX 1.0 highlight,
BX 14 preview,
DTR turbo saloon,
AX 11RE,
Xantia 2.0i LX,
BX 17txd turbo saloon.

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Sorry Simon, I meant the diagonal metal struts between the fixed and opening sections of glass in the doors, from which the paint always wears off. I also plan to be at the CXM/G in September, so hopefully see you there! With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

simonxm21

Post by simonxm21 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:55 pm

MTXM wrote:Sorry Simon, I meant the diagonal metal struts between the fixed and opening sections of glass in the doors, from which the paint always wears off. I also plan to be at the CXM/G in September, so hopefully see you there! With regards, Matthew T.

Oh yeah, sorry matt i miss understood you! i look forward to going and meeting you and others alike!

if anyone is convoying past bristol on the m5 i'll be happy too join? i could meet you all at Giordano services?

cheers.
My previous Citroen's:
BX 19RD estate x2,
Visa 17RD,
AX 1.0 highlight,
BX 14 preview,
DTR turbo saloon,
AX 11RE,
Xantia 2.0i LX,
BX 17txd turbo saloon.