XM ownership 1 year on.... and an MOT pass (PHEW!)

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
wainy
Knows how to use the parking brake

XM ownership 1 year on.... and an MOT pass (PHEW!)

Post by wainy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:56 pm

So, it's just over a year and about 13,000 miles since I bought the XM and it's still my daily driver. Still think it's an ace car and I love driving it.

Didn't go straight through the MOT but nothing too horrendous. Worst bit was a leak I'd not noticed from the O/S rear brake caliper. Plenty of comments from the guy at the garage about "not seen one of these in ages" and "bloody solid isn't it?"

But all sorted now and ready for another 12 months. Just wish it did a bit more than 30 to the gallon!

Had a bit of a shock at insurance renewal time tho.... went up from just under £400 to nearly £750!!!!! :shock: Anyway, an hour of comparethemoneysupermarket.com and now under £500, but still quite a hike..... 25%.

I'm now in the process of getting the Activa ready for MOT and possible sale to help the GSA X1 restoration fund, so anyone interested in a silver Activa S1 with 99k and full leather interior watch this space.
WAINY

2015 C4 Cactus PureTech 82 Feel (Shark Grey)
1983 GSA X1 (Black - restoration project)
Did have... 1997 XM 2.0 16v SX Auto (black)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: XM ownership 1 year on.... and an MOT pass (PHEW!)

Post by citroenxm » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:44 am

Nice One!

The only thing about S2 cars is insurance.. Im surprised at your fuel consumption, reports Id heard was an over 30mpg unit...

My S1 24v V6 Manual is on a recognised "Classic Policy" so as a Second car, but limited to 3000 miles costs me 17.50 a MONTH and as its a classic policy theres no need for any no claims proof.

Be interesting to see what the H reg SED XM will be when shes ready for the road.

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

wainy
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: XM ownership 1 year on.... and an MOT pass (PHEW!)

Post by wainy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:40 pm

My insurance is fully comp with business miles and it's the only car I have on the road. All of this ramps it up, but I DO have a clean licence and full no claims so it really is extortion at £500 I reckon.

The 30mpg is probably because it's an auto and I commute in traffic. Not bad really for a big old auto I s'pose.
WAINY

2015 C4 Cactus PureTech 82 Feel (Shark Grey)
1983 GSA X1 (Black - restoration project)
Did have... 1997 XM 2.0 16v SX Auto (black)