My old XM's

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
ChrisSwe
XM newbie

My old XM's

Post by ChrisSwe » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:41 am

Sadly I don't own theme anymore. :( My TCT is still running but the 2,1TD is probably a spare part donor.

The diesel didn't pass the car inspection. The handbrake didn't work on the left side, the diesel pump was leaking (even if the workshop tried to seal it), a headlamp pointed right up in the sky and the non-working comfort spheres had a tiny drop of LHM hanging beneath (comfort mode didn't work due to surcuit break somewhere). These LHM-drops was a leak according to the inspector. Come on! It was an old and torn car with at least 350000km/35000 metric miles (218750 miles) behind. All old cars have some leaks. :evil:
I had a month to fix all these faults and... as an unemployed I had no money.

No it's no a Jaguar. It's my cat Alex inspecting the enigne room on the 2,1TD :)

Twins? No The left one became a donor car since the cylinder gascet blow away and to the right my old 2,1TD. The XM to the left was a TCT -95

My former TCT -95 (still running by a friend's mum)

But here's my present car :)

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Re: My old XM's

Post by Dieselman » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:56 pm

ChrisSwe wrote: The diesel didn't pass the car inspection. The handbrake didn't work on the left side, the diesel pump was leaking (even if the workshop tried to seal it), a headlamp pointed right up in the sky and the non-working comfort spheres had a tiny drop of LHM hanging beneath (comfort mode didn't work due to surcuit break somewhere). These LHM-drops was a leak according to the inspector. Come on! It was an old and torn car with at least 350000km/35000 metric miles (218750 miles) behind. All old cars have some leaks. :evil:
I had a month to fix all these faults and... as an unemployed I had no money.
That's a shame because I doubt any of those required much money to fix and the leaking diesel pup was the only one to require much in the way of knowledge.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

ChrisSwe
XM newbie

Re: My old XM's

Post by ChrisSwe » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:29 pm

I know :( I couldn't keep her. The alternative was put her aside and wait for getting a job and renovate her. She would rather getting worse if I put her aside outdoor for at least two years. Hydractive would had been a challenge to fix. After searching and measuring the fault was somewhere under the car, in the electrical wires because the rear hydractive block didn't response and the rear magnetic valve was new.

Why the comfort spheres had a tiny drop of LHM when they not were connected as Hydractive was malfunktion, I have no idea.