Unexpected turn of events...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Re: Unexpected turn of events...

Post by Duke » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Yeah it's not too bad Mark - aside from the wing, nose-cone and fuel pipes I've not done anything to it... Once I've got a few projects out of the way (Visa GTi and Mystery "Ultimate Surprise" Citroen Project X) done then the Prestige can have some attention. It's going to be resprayed Black for definite as Black with Black Leather is my favourite combo'. I don't think it will be the Citroen Black however I'm looking into getting the deepest darkest, purest Black for it...

Re the ICCCR Mark, just the C6 (the BX GT or the BX Sport won't be attending). No point taking a load up there as it's just too far. We plan to have four at the CX, XM and Xantia Rally though... We once had 13 Citroen's at a National Rally a few years back when it was at Wood Green, Godmanchester...
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN

mds141
Citrobics expert
Orga / RP numbers: 8542

Post by mds141 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm

I'll be bringing the valver, still with all the stickers on from the Classic Challenge. So you'll be able to fill your memory card with lots of pics. :)
Mark Smith.

2000 XM VSX 2.1 td auto. Rouge Magenta. RP 8542.
1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine.
1997 Honda Firestorm.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:13 am

Good good, looking forward to seeing it.

I think the memory card will get full rather quickly... Might have to take two... ;)

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 pm

I suppose it's time I dusted the cobwebs off of this thread - it's been a while... ;)

Due to a few other projects that I've been undertaking having taken priority the Prestige has been sent to the back of the queue quite a few times. A shame but it couldn't be helped as I cant do them all at the same time! Now that the BX is done it looks like I can concentrate on the XM and its moved up the queue.

As mentioned before, I've got some plans in the form of some personalisations that will be carried out. At the last CX, XM & Xantia Rally I was lucky to acquire a Citroen Bodykit from Paul that's suitable for the XM which will be fitted.

Due to the age of the car and it being in the hands of an 80-odd year old driver (!) there's naturally some age related marks. ;) Thus it was going to get a respray but I've decided to go for a full respray in Black - many of you know Black with Black Leather is my favourite combo' for a Big Cit... 8-)

There'll be a few other changes including some aesthetic changes such as the wheels for some larger ones to complement the Bodykit and give it a unique look.

I've some other plans, but nothing finalised ATM... ;)

At this present moment in time I would like to have it at Little Horwood in September for the CX, XM & Xantia Rally - a plan that is, hopefully, achievable! :)

Rommel
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by Rommel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:59 am

I'll very much look forward to seeing it Franklin- sounds like it will be quite a sight!
Rohan
ES9 V6
Previous:
2.1TD Exclusive Orga 6668
2.5TD VSX Estate

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Well time to dust even more cobwebs off of this thread...!

I've been so busy recently that I've just not had hardly any time for anything really forum-related which you may have noticed, although in the background progress has been made with the Prestige. As you've probably read I was planning on fitting the bodykit and doing some mods. Well I for one can't stand it when plans like this are made and talked about but don't make it to fruition - well in this case I changed my mind. I've got a few other projects now (including a Classic Ford :shock: ;) ) and due to lack of time I decided the originality route. I'm sure I can hear some of your cheering at that statement... ;)

So indeed it's now back and it's just had a near full respray in the original colour as well as the wobbly webs being refurbed too.

When I've got time (hopefully after Christmas in January) it'll be finished off and detailed including fitment of some leather doorcards (managed to find them in the end) and a few bits of TLC here and there.

So yeah, that's it really...! :)

Charles M
Citrobics expert

Post by Charles M » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:05 pm

On the whole I approve of originality, mainly because it takes thought and too much effort to make un-original look really good (as per my wheel contributions, I still can't decide). So full marks for the English Heritage approach, Franklin!
Gold Citroen SM 1972

Also in the garage

Allard M1 drophead 1949
Mercedes 190e 2.5 16 Cosworth 1989
Range Rover Classic 300tdi 1994

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Looking excellent Franklin well done. :D I approve of the originality approach I'm afraid. Paint job looks top notch...wish I had that glossy bonnet on mine.
What's the RP number?...just curious as it is a K reg.....
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

mds141
Citrobics expert
Orga / RP numbers: 8542

Post by mds141 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:40 pm

That looks bloomin lovely Franklin. :-)
Mark Smith.

2000 XM VSX 2.1 td auto. Rouge Magenta. RP 8542.
1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine.
1997 Honda Firestorm.

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:39 am

Excellent stuff Franklin :D
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!