Vince's xm - 2.1TD daily driver

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Fri May 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Nice to hear you're still battling on Vince. Bit of bad luck with your brother.

It never rains but it pours, as the saying goes.
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: Vince's xm - 2.1TD daily driver

Post by citroenxm » Fri May 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi vince..

I got your text by the way.. sorry one thing to another i forgot to reply...

I have got in a box a front indicator unit no fog but not 100% sure which side..
Indicator unit.. loads but cant gaurentee working performance.. ie rapid ticking sundrome..

Cant remember what the other thing was now.

Cant promise ill find the indicator init but honesty the way the fog lamps electrical connectors rust away they may well not be there.. those ive pleanty of ..

Let me see what i can come across for you...
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Fri May 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Sorry to hear about your brother Vince, I hope he recovers quickly.
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Fri May 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Gosh so sorry to hear about your brother Vince and I hope and pray he makes a swift recovery. It will good to see you at the Northern if that can be fitted in! With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

Vince
Citroen go-to-guy

Post by Vince » Mon May 25, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks guys...

Attending the show will depend on a meeting with the neurologist this week and also a money check. I hadnt budgeted for my fuel bill to double this month :|

My brother is doing better, but is still largely unresponsive although there is some movement :)

Paul, Im thinking its probably better if I come over to yours one day and grab a few things all at once....I have a decent list and could also do with some help on how to remove things without breaking them ;)

Hopefully I'll see you all this weekend ;)

Vince
Citroen go-to-guy

Post by Vince » Sun May 31, 2015 11:25 pm

Well as I feared, the extra expenses this month put paid to being able to make the northern rally today :roll:

It hasnt been a wasted weekend though Citroen wise. I finally tackled some minor bodywork bits that have needed to get done for some time.
y
My drivers side cill had a surface rust bubble on it on the drivers door kick plate as you step in. I ground it all out some weeks ago leaving solid metal underneath but a black rust proofed piece of cill where paint used to have been. For extra protection whilst driving around the last few weeks Ive kept it smeared in vaseline which did the trick really well and stopped it rusting again. I cleaned all that off, put a skim of filler on it and painted it back up. With the door shut it looks un noticeable,but with it open its clear the filler needs rubbing down more as its a bit bumpy. Easy job though, so no doubt I'll get round to that one day :lol:

The biggest transformation I did was to almost remove the dent Ive always had in the passenger side rear quarter. Its bugged me since I bought it so I finally took the plunge and removed the arch liner and armed with a stubby hammer and a piece of wood for a dolly I bashed it out carefully so its now almost invisible. It would need a paintless dent professional to get it perfect, but considering its my first dent removal attempt, I was quite happy with it :)

I re routed a pipe in the engine bay which had been re assembled in the wrong place when the inj pump got done, and tidied up the odd broken clip with some neat black cable ties.

Finally then gave the old boat a wash and blow dried it with a quick drive up the motorway and back. An advantage of living right by the motorway slip road :) No dryng towels required. Nice to see this side without the dent in the rear quarter.