XM 97. 2.0 Madis

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
messerschmitt owner
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Re: XM 97. 2.0 Madis

Post by messerschmitt owner » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 am

My TCT was anti sink and it was great - it would sit on whatever setting for days on end without being started. If your car is laid up, a sinker is not what you want as the belly is too close to the ground and it encourages rust.
Image[/url]
IMG_0865 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

captainhaddock
XM Guru

Post by captainhaddock » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 am

Never thought much about it, having 2 anti sinkers and now a true sinker. The sinker rises faster, as said I am beginning to like the sinkers more and more. But the sinker rusts faster maybe! :) It is a very friendly forum indeed I agree. Even in this topic 2 very good tips, thanks!

Rommel
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by Rommel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:41 am

messerschmitt owner wrote:My TCT was anti sink and it was great - it would sit on whatever setting for days on end without being started. If your car is laid up, a sinker is not what you want as the belly is too close to the ground and it encourages rust.

You can rely on me to fall in love with the je ne sais quois of something rather than the cold reality.

There's no denying the practicality of anti-sink.

Anti-sink to me is something that detracts just a little from the appeal of the car. If owners neglect moving the suspension of their own accord, the height correctors lose their regular workout too. You win some, you lose some.
Rohan
ES9 V6
Previous:
2.1TD Exclusive Orga 6668
2.5TD VSX Estate

Rommel
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by Rommel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:43 am

So perhaps my description of it as "pointless" was a bit hasty!
Rohan
ES9 V6
Previous:
2.1TD Exclusive Orga 6668
2.5TD VSX Estate

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Rommel wrote: If owners neglect moving the suspension of their own accord, the height correctors lose their regular workout too. You win some, you lose some.
Hence the importance of weekly Citaerobics on anti-sinks...

And spheres are believed to live longer on sinkers too because the diaphragms spend a lot of time with no pressure on them from the suspension...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!