Iced XM!

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Re: Iced XM!

Post by russ92xmsed » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Well I think that might be a good thing Jim. It's even drifting here. I stepped in a huge drift right next to the XM...foot disappeared!

The welsh certainly are very very generous people....we're sharing the red snow weather warning! Not complaining...not!
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Its snowing again here now, its supposed to be raining.
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I'll get a full report from dad in a bit when I call him; he's down in deepest Somerset.

It's remaining freezing and snowy up here all weekend according to the BBC. It's certainly a bit nippy here now...

I wish it had stayed like it was early this morning. Cold and frosty but so dry I didn't have to scrape the car before I set off for work...

The morning before was gorgeous. A clear, golden sunrise lighting up the hoar frost covering the trees. One of those occasions I really wished I had a camera and knew how to use it effectively. The picture would have been utterly breathtaking...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm

We've had a couple of those frosty mornings recently, very picturesque Jim, I know exactly what you mean.

Stopped snowing now, so everything is going to turn into sheet ice. Ergh!

Just got on the news...1000 schools closed through out the south west. Why that matters I don't know...but indicates how much has fallen.
We have probably had a good 4-5 inches today.
What is very noticeable and I take great delight in this...is that all BMW drivers struggle in this weather.:twisted:
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

normantilbury
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by normantilbury » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Snow!! What snow we dont have any just a light covering in some places they promised us loads but let us down again, been over to berkshire saw some there must have been a couple of inches. :mrgreen:
98 Xm Vsx 2.1 Td Silver Estate RP 7548
Located in Lindley, Huddersfield HD3 3LX

Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Duke » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 pm

No snow for 24 hours now. Apparently due heavy snow tomorrow afternoon though...
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN

ragger
Citrobics expert

Post by ragger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 pm

In the last 13 months I have helped two of my children through their driving tests, and the third and final candidate has her test booked for Monday morning. Could do wioth some improvement in the weather before then...

Rob
Regards

Rob

XM 2.5 Exclusive
C1
Nissan Cashcard (New C 4 on order)

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:46 am

ragger wrote:In the last 13 months I have helped two of my children through their driving tests, and the third and final candidate has her test booked for Monday morning. Could do wioth some improvement in the weather before then...
All the best for her Rob ;) I did the same for my two; both happily driving and tests passed. Slight advantage with their mum being a driving examiner and an ex-instructor.... Poacher turned gamekeeper :lol:

Hope the test goes ahead and the weather does not put a stopper on it. I know just how pansy the examiners appear to be and they seem to have quite a predilection for cancelling tests for the least reason - not their fault actually as it's not in their interest to do so but they operate under the most rigid and strict rules you can possibly imagine, even down to how and what they say to a candidate and of course there's a lot of 'elf and safety to contend with as well..

If you ever wondered why a driving examiner walks and talks like a robot and has the emotions of a lump of granite now you know... They haven't actually and are actually delighted when a candidate passes; they're just not allowed by the rules to show it.

Looking forward to news of a pass Rob :D
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX

ragger
Citrobics expert

Post by ragger » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks for your comments, Jim. A pass will certainly make my life easier, I seem to have spent a lot of time in the passenger seat and I would much rather be driving. I hope she manages to hold it all togethertomorrow, her IBS is playing up for her now because she is feeling stressed by it.

Rob
Regards

Rob

XM 2.5 Exclusive
C1
Nissan Cashcard (New C 4 on order)

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:53 pm

I spent countless hours in the passenger seat with both of mine Rob and I'm sure it did no end of good for our dad/daughter relationship - I found it was the only time I had their full attention as they've not worked out how to sit there hidden in a world of facebook or whatever on their mobiles when driving!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Rob ;)
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX