Gold 2.0Si

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
CitroJim
Citroen God!

Re: Gold 2.0Si

Post by CitroJim » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:40 am

russ92xmsed wrote:bloody freezing leather seats!!
Never had that problem....

I've been driving cars with leather seats for years (I love leather) and I've never used seat heaters and never felt the seats were unduly cold...

And I'm not that well insulated :roll: :lol:

Maybe it's been so long I've just forgotten what cloth seats are like now...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Well Jim it was a particularly cold day on Sunday and I popped out to move it without a coat or jumper and the seat was like a slab of ice on my back. Usually my only beef with leather is it can get a bit sweaty in very hot weather.....but that's what aircon is for I suppose!
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Ahh that makes sense Russ. I can see how dressed like that the seat would feel a tad cold...

I've had it where my teeshirt has ridden up a bit and a some bare skin has contacted a cold seat so I do understand...

I once played a trick on a friend who I knew had never experienced seat heaters and leather. After the seat had nicely heated there was a real WTF moment from said passenger :lol:
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't really answer this without the obvious innuendos :lol:

I must point out I was not topless, but wearing a shirt, foolishly without a jumper:lol: hence why it was freezing.

Yeah ...never experienced seat heaters either, none of us in the family have them, even though we all managed to end up with cars that have leather!..doesn't it feel as though you've had an 'accident' :D :lol: :twisted:
Russ

Also

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:45 am

russ92xmsed wrote:..doesn't it feel as though you've had an 'accident' :D :lol: :twisted:
That was the major cause of the WTF moment from said passenger :lol:

The first time experiencing seat heaters is odd to say the least for that very reason....
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 am

Seat heaters are great in general, even with cloth seats! My hire cars in Sweden had seat heaters on cloth, really nice. I leave my seat heater on all the time in the PUG, they are on a timer so knock on and off every now and again.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Not had much time to play this week due to work but have had a good look this aft.

Gave the engine a steam clean and it's come up a treat. Taken all the gunk off to reveal a clean engine . . . and the paintwork is actually gold! :lol:

The wiring plug to the Oil Pressure Switch wasn't fixed to the switch.(Don't know if it had never been on or if the pressure washer had forced it off). Gave it a quick clean inside and refitted to the switch. Now when I switch the ignition on the needle "kicks" but doesn't register whether engine running or not.

Having had a good look at the mechanism on the throttle body it seems as though the slider is not moving to its end position at rest and leaves a slight gap. The screw to the right of the throttle body which would allow this to rest at is extreme is seized and is not easy to get at with a screwdriver. So my brother is bringing his box of tricks over tomorrow to unseize it and see what difference that makes.

The NSF foglight was a bulb but the front saloon light has a little bit more to it as the bulb is okay.

The OSF sidelight glass is dull and needs changing and the although the light works there is obviously an earth fault on it.

The radiator has been flushed and the muck that came out of it was unreal. Refilled with coolant, bled the system and works spot on now.

Should know a lot more tomorrow . . . after I've worked through SWMBO's list of jobs ( well, selected those I'm going to do and those that can wait ;) )
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:58 pm

The oil pressure switch on the front of the engine ONLY controls the oil pressure warning light...

the oil level sensor is fitted to the back of the engine, in the block, useually (when you lie under the car and look upwards) on the left side of the block...
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Mine decides when it wants to work. I think they get gunked up and don't work properly. So I've read anyway!
Russ

Also

Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:10 pm

The oil level sensor is working ok. The oil is pumping around the engine fine. The oil pressure dial shows no sign of life except when the ignition is switched on and the needle "kicks". May just put another switch in for the hell of it.
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)