KP's growing amount of Citroens...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
kingp
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Re: KP's growing amount of Citroens...

Post by kingp » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:15 am

Well after over 30k miles, many tubs of veg, a good few services, some welding, fabricated exhaust, rad, coolant and other odds n sods i think the 2.5's journey has come to an end thanks to a BMW c0ckwomble :(

Long story short, just after a set of lights there is a as part of the junction a left turn for oncoming traffic which has a no U Turn sign.
after moving away from the lights the womble decides to slam on and do a U turn. Causing the car in front to stop sharply and me the same.
Unfortunately i was on the nice painted wide strip at the lights so the abs kicked in briefly before contact was made :(

The Mercedes in front has a grazed/cracked bumper and exhaust trim.
The Xm has smashed nosecone, bumper(though could just be hangers that have gone), bonnet and some debris has holed the rad :(

So i think unless i can get some cheapo green panels to go on it then its coming off the road for good after some bits are possibly stripped from it as it is a 2.5td after all.

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:27 am

Sorry to hear that, KP.
After you've recovered from the shock of it all, perhaps it will be repairable. Shame to see a mechanically good 2.5 get broken?
All those front-end bits are easy enough to remove and work on.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

mace
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by mace » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:37 pm

kingp wrote:Well after over 30k miles, many tubs of veg, a good few services, some welding, fabricated exhaust, rad, coolant and other odds n sods i think the 2.5's journey has come to an end thanks to a BMW c0ckwomble :(

Long story short, just after a set of lights there is a as part of the junction a left turn for oncoming traffic which has a no U Turn sign.
after moving away from the lights the womble decides to slam on and do a U turn. Causing the car in front to stop sharply and me the same.
Unfortunately i was on the nice painted wide strip at the lights so the abs kicked in briefly before contact was made :(

The Mercedes in front has a grazed/cracked bumper and exhaust trim.
The Xm has smashed nosecone, bumper(though could just be hangers that have gone), bonnet and some debris has holed the rad :(

So i think unless i can get some cheapo green panels to go on it then its coming off the road for good after some bits are possibly stripped from it as it is a 2.5td after all.
Mate says Citropro on ebay have a green bonnet in, straight but some marks on it, they were asking for 100 quid. http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/citropro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He also says Wolsey House had a green nose cone, not in A1 condition, when he asked earlier in the year. http://www.whm.hexpek.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mace

Post by mace » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:40 pm

Fwiw we have both headlights and bonnet slam panel. Also have a rad, although mate was planning on keeping it as his is on it's way out. Bonnet is good too, but wrong colour of course.

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:24 pm

If bonnet is in cream or white, you can pass off as a Taxi in Brighton. :roll:
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Hi Mace

If you are using Citropro and WHM as price references for selling XM bits you are probably wasting your time trying to sell on here.
There are also a few other ebay sellers asking high prices for NOS items (eg ABS sensor £150).
The same bits at the same price have gone unsold for months.
Currently there is a glut of most types of XM's particularly 2.5's passing through ebay most needing MOT and TLC.
The number of cars needing spares is getting well down now.

Hi KP

Better change the title from growing to reducing.
Which of the greens are you looking for, emerald or forest?

John

mace

Post by mace » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:07 am

Hi John,

I'm not; my friend was simply looking for a bonnet etc earlier this year hence had prices for those.

kingp

Post by kingp » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:50 am

It's forest green but I currently have the following plan,

Lights and bumper from Tim
Bonnet, slam panel, nose cone and fan pack from Paul.

Radiator new is £100 which when I get the other bits off I don't mind spending that on another new rad(the 2.5td's eat them anyway!)

And then paint the front end with some cheap load bed liner type Matt black paint.
Won't look good but then the car never really has done for me so not fussed about that and gives it that Taxi Look as well :D

Just gotta make time to go down to Tim and get the bits off him, and then wait for Paul to have some free time so I can go over to him and get bits from him :)

cxprestigeauto
Citroen go-to-guy

Post by cxprestigeauto » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 am

Judging by Paul's post on Facebook yesterday he won't be getting too much free time for a few weeks!!! I suspect Sarah will have a few jobs for him!!!!!

Rob
1991 XM 2.0 Si auto RP 4903 (12 April 1990) Alpine White
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip SZ5 Automatic 1.4 BoosterJet. White
1972 Banham Sprint kit car (Frogeye Sprite replica, really a Mini!)

kingp

Post by kingp » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:09 am

From my own experience I would agree rob, but breaks were always welcome ;)